At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• lightsword1496
    University: CUFE
    Nationality: Chinese
    May 9, 2020 at 2:35 pm

At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I agree that sports and social activities are as important as classes and libraries but I think equal financial support is unnecessary.

To clarify,I acknowledge that sport is very important for students’ health and the benefits offered by social activities,such as enlarging one’s network.However, these advantages can be achieved with few financial support.

On one hand, social activities and sports can contribute to students without costing too much. For social activities, organizing wide-scale picnics, holding grass concerts can give students the effect they want and are not costly. Some may say these social activities offer students first-hand experience which they can not learn in class, yet more and more schools start on-field practice courses or experiment courses to let students put what they learn into use. For sports that are good for one’s health, they can be done without spending much, if not none, for instance, jogging and basketball. On the other hand, classes and libraries do need more money to buy equipment and databases to make learning more efficient.

Apart from what is mentioned above, more financial support for them delivers a signal that a cool person must be a sport man or the student leader.Data and experiences show this signal has more bad influence than good.Many parents start to require their children enter the sport teams or run for student league,yet the children may have little interest.Or some youngs will do these only to show off instead of having keen interest.As the saying goes:interest is the best teachear.Doing a thing one not enjoy will make the thing become hard to endure and waste time for students to truly pursue what they love.Also, a 2017 survey from ANSK,a world famous think-tank,indicates more than 33% students,male and female, have experienced sexual harrassment or school violent by sport team members or student leaders.About 27% of them implied that they did not look for help because school financial support of these activities make people think these people are great!

Therefore, I disagree with the statement.

May 11, 2020 at 1:16 am

Invalid [ Please complete the revision of your first essay prior to resubmitting this one.]