Statement of Purpose for Secondary Teaching

• Youngster Y
    University: Amoy University
    Nationality: Amoy University
    November 30, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Can you please provide a 400-600 word Teaching Capabilities Statement advising us about your motivation to teach, by addressing the following topics: Explain what you think teaching involves; Outline the personal and academic qualities you possess that will enable you to become an effective teacher, and Describe your attitude to learning and provide an example of something you have learned that was meaningful.

As W.A.White said, “In education we are striving not to teach youth to make a living, but to make a life”.Since the quality of education is of vital importance to the future of the whole country, teaching plays such a crucial role in youngsters’ life that the whole society values it prudently. As far as I am concerned, the function of teaching is to create the conditions that will make it possible for children to devise the most efficient system to learn. Thus teachers have the responsibility to create an organizational structure and good working environment so that instruction and evaluation activities can take place.

I was graduated in Chinese Language and Literature major in July 2017. According to 4 years’ study, I have a good command of Chinese language, fluent oral presentation ability, and sensibility on foreign and Chinese literature works. I once taught the yoga class three or four times a week and also took the newspaper internship. My oral expression and writing abilities help me a lot for my excellent performance in my work. During the teaching process, except the above personal qualities one should own, the excellent oral presentation ability is the most basic one. After my graduation, I also got a job teaching adults oral English online since 2018, which gave me plenty of teaching experiences. For adolescent from 13 to 1, educator should be patient and possess the communicative skills to talk with them, who are emotionally sensitive and spiritually rebellious.

A lifelong learning attitude is the most essential element in the process of my academic learning. Since everything in our life starts from totally unfamiliar to something adept to need enough time and vigor spent on it, I always bear to keep an open eye to fresh things at any time in my mind. Use my own experience to illustrate. In my university I attended an English club which can deliver speech in front of a group of people. The first day I attend the meeting, a tall boy wearing a white T-shirt impressed me deeply. He was writing things down on his notebook prudentially from time to time along the meeting. I thought he was a newcomer of the group so he needed to take some notes. However, when it came to the time for him to give a lecture, instead of full of tension, he delivered a coherent and masterly speech with ease that the applause burst from the crowd more than once. I got a chance to take a glance of what he wrote—he was trying to analyze all the speakers’ strengths and weakness. Later, I was shocked to know that he was the speaking champion of our region last year. Since then, no matter how simple a thing could be or how well I know some knowledge, I recalled the moment he wrote down the details and encourage myself I have something unacquainted to relearn.

On the purpose of being qualified to be a teacher in the future, pursuing a professional education in secondary teaching is indispensible for me. Since there are some significant differences about teaching styles between China and Australia, the focus of learning should be considered meticulously. I read some books and found out Australian class size is much smaller than the China’s, which means students’ personal requirement can be met and good habits and higher self-esteem can be developed. With more private middle school with international teaching concept built up in China, I see the hope of our secondary teaching. I believe the oversea study in teaching will enable me to be an excellent educator in my country.

December 3, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Score: 49.1

Issues:

1. Numerous grammatical/syntactic/logical/factual errors;
    2. More than 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words;
    3. Lengthy paragraphs (recommend 110 words or fewer for each paragraph);
    4. Lots of irrelevant (to your proposed program) content.

You need to rewrite your Statement of Purpose essay.