Students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.

• runningtomato
    University: 华东政法大学
    Nationality: China
    November 18, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.

Recently, the issue of whether students show less respect for their instructors triggers much debate. Personally, I believe that teachers are not in the status among their students as high as they were in the past.

Firstly, we can easily see this disregard from today’s students’ behaviors in and after school. It is quite ubiquitous that teenagers today carry their smartphones and PSPs to the campus and even use these devices during the class. Besides, the first thing many of them would do after they go back home is to turn on their computers playing video games or watch television. While when I was a high school student almost ten years ago, I would listen very carefully to what the teacher say in class, and sometimes even when I was pretty tired, I didn’t dare to sleep in the class. As soon as I went home, I would do the assignment and wouldn’t have the mood to have dinner if I didn’t complete it.

This alteration in the attitude towards teachers may be due to the development of technologies. Nowadays we have diversified online resources which enable us to study whenever and wherever we want. This advantage of online class to traditional classroom teaching leads to the less reliance on teachers. However, we all know that the respect students show is due to the academic dependence on their teachers, so it is quite understandable why students toady show less regard to their tutors. While students in the past didn’t have such resources and the school may be the only medium for them to gain knowledge and be educated, which left them having to depend on their teachers.

In sum, this less respect for teachers is mainly due to the availability of online resources and is a problem need to be addressed if young people want to do well in their future career where respecting their supervisors and colleagues is quite necessary.

November 19, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Score: 53.9

Issues:

1. There are many passive sentences. Convert them into their active counterparts.
    2. More than 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. You must shorten/split most of them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

runningtomato
    November 21, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Recently, the issue of whether students show less respect for their instructors triggers much debate. I believe that teachers today don’t enjoy the same status as high as they used to do.

Firstly, we can easily see this disregard from today’s students’ behaviors in and after school. It is quite ubiquitous that teenagers today carry their smartphones and PSPs to the campus and even use these devices during the class. Besides, the first thing many of them would do after they go back home is to turn on their computers playing video games or watch television. While when I was a high school student almost ten years ago, I would listen quite carefully to what teachers say in class, and sometimes even when I was pretty tired, I didn’t dare to sleep in the class. As soon as I went home, I would do the assignment and wouldn’t have the mood to have dinner if I didn’t complete it.

This alteration in the attitude towards teachers may be due to the development of technologies. Nowadays, we have diversified online resources which enable us to study whenever and wherever we want. This advantage of online classes to traditional classroom teaching leads to less reliance on teachers. However, we all know that the respect students show is due to the academic dependence on their teachers, so it is quite understandable why students toady show less regard to their tutors. While students in the past didn’t have such resources, the school may be the only medium for them to gain knowledge, which left them having to depend on their teachers.

In sum, this less respect for teachers is mainly connected to the availability of online resources. It is a problem needs to be addressed if young people want to perform well in their future workplace, where respecting their supervisors and colleagues is quite necessary.

November 21, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Score: 65.9

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert most of them into their active counterparts;
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words; cut it down to 20% or less.

Recently, the issue of whether students show less respect for their instructors triggers [grammatical error /recently..triggered or remove recently  ] much debate[ non-original content/use your own language ]. I believe that teachers today don’t enjoy the same status as high [ wordy ]as they used to do.

Firstly, we can easily see this disregard from today’s students’ behaviors in and after school. It is quite ubiquitous that teenagers today carry their smartphones and PSPs to the campus and even use these devices during the class. Besides, the first thing many of them would do after they go back home is to turn on their[ wordy ] computers playing video games or watch [grammatical error  ]television[ wordy/unclear sentence ]. While when I was a high school student[ wordy ] almost ten years ago, I would listen quite carefully to what teachers say in class, and sometimes even when I was pretty tired, I didn’t dare to sleep in the class.[ wordy /use 2 sentences] As soon as I went home, I would do the assignment and wouldn’t have the mood to have dinner if I didn’t complete it.[ wordy ]

This[ unclear pronoun/my ] alteration in the attitude towards teachers may be due to[ ineffective/use verb ] the development of technologies. Nowadays, we have diversified online resources [ punctuation error ]which enable us to study whenever and wherever we want. This advantage of online classes ,as opposed to traditional classroom teaching, leads to less reliance on teachers. However, we all know that [ absolute writing ]the respect students show is due to the academic dependence on their teachers, so it is quite understandable why students toady show less regard to their tutors. While students in the past didn’t have such resources, the school may [ grammatical error ]be the only medium for them to gain knowledge, which left them having to depend on their teachers.

In sum, this less respect for teachers is mainly connected to the availability of online resources. It is a problem needs to be addressed[passive  ] if young people want to perform well in their future workplace, where respecting their supervisors and colleagues is quite [ BE verb/remain ]necessary.

runningtomato
    November 22, 2019 at 3:48 am

In today’s society, some people concern that students tend to show less respect for their instructors. While other people insist that they do not see this trend. As for me, I believe that teachers today don’t enjoy the same status as they used to do.

Firstly, we can easily see this disregard from students’ behaviors in and after school. It is quite ubiquitous that teenagers today carry their smartphones and PSPs to the campus, and even use these devices during the class. Besides, when they go back home from school, the first thing many of them would do is to boot up their computers or to watch television, rather than to do their homework. While when I was in senior high, which is almost ten years ago, I would listen to every words that teachers say during class. Sometimes even I was too tired to focus, I didn’t dare to sleep. As soon as I got home, I would do my assignment. And I wouldn’t have the mood to have dinner if didn’t complete.

The development of technologies may be one cause of young people’s alteration in the attitude towards teachers. Nowadays, we have diversified online resources, which enable us to study whenever and wherever we want. This advantage of online classes, as opposed to traditional classroom teaching, leads to less reliance on teachers. However, teachers receive high prestige due to their academic authorities.  So it is quite understandable why students toady show less regard to their tutors. While students in the past didn’t have such resources, the school might be the only medium for them to gain knowledge, which left them having to depend on their teachers.

In sum, this less respect for teachers is mainly connected to the availability of online resources. Parents, schools and the authority have to find some solutions to this problem if they want young people to perform well in their future workplace, where respecting their supervisors and colleagues remains necessary.

December 4, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Score: 69.3

Issues:

1. Around 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Keep the percentage under 20%.

I will send you the final edit shortly.

December 6, 2019 at 2:11 am

In today’s society, some people concern [use present continuous tense] that students tend to [delete] show less respect for their instructors. While other people insist that they do not see this trend [write in a complete sentence]. As for me, I believe that [delete] teachers today don’t [do not] enjoy the same status as they used to do [did in the past].

Firstly, we can easily [delete] see this disregard [for whom?] from students’ behaviors in [change to “during”] and after school. It is quite [delete] ubiquitous that teenagers today carry [rephrase beginning of sentence] their smartphones and PSPs to the [delete] campus, and even use these devices during the [delete] class. Besides [use different transitional phrase], when they go back [change verb tense] home from school, the first thing many of them would [delete] do is to boot up [change verb tense] their computers or to watch television, rather than to do [change verb tense] their homework. While [delete] when I was in senior high, which is [unnecessary] almost ten years ago, I would listen to every words [make singular] that teachers say [change verb tense] during class. Sometimes even [delete] I was too tired to focus, [add conjuction] I didn’t dare to sleep. As soon as I got home, I would do my assignment [make plural]. [combine these two sentence]And I wouldn’t have the mood [rephrase] to have dinner if didn’t complete.

The development of technologies [make singular] may be one cause of [change preposition] young people’s alteration [change to “change”] in the [delete] attitude towards teachers. Nowadays, we have diversified online resources, which enable us to study whenever and wherever we want. This advantage of online classes, as opposed to traditional classroom teaching, leads to less reliance on teachers. However, teachers receive high prestige [praise] due to their academic authorities [make singular].  So it is quite understandable why students toady [mispelled] show less regard to their tutors. While students in the past didn’t [did not] have such resources, the school might be the only medium for them to gain knowledge, which left them having to depend on their teachers [rephrase/simplify].

In sum, this less [ the lack of] respect for teachers is mainly connected to the availability of online resources. Parents, schools and the authority [school administration] have to find some solutions to this problem if they want young people to perform well in their future workplace, where respecting their supervisors and colleagues remains necessary.

December 19, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Completed.