Students in university should be specialized in one subject rather than to develop a wider range of many different subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Students in university should be specialized in one subject rather than to develop a wider range of many different subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

• CC
    University: Jangsu university
    Nationality: China
    March 27, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Students in university should be specialized in one subject rather than to develop a wider range of many different subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

Specializing in only one subject is widely accepted as a beneficial learning pattern of university students .This study mode may allow us to get more in-depth knowledge,but considering the current highly competitive society setting,I agree with the idea that undergraduate should develop a wide range of skill sets.

Studying different subjects can play a vital role in students’ personal development. Virtually,many college students may not know exactly what subject suits them better or what they really want to learn.These problems can put them very confused and hard to find goals in the future.But while they are trying to acquire knowledge in other areas, they can have more opportunities to find where they talented in or what they really interested in,which helps put them in an advantageous position as to their personal ambitions.

On top of that, the social demand for versatile talents has increased. Obviously, as many problems become increasingly complex and cover more fields than before, those who specialized in only subject may be fired in face of intense competition. For example, a law graduate without any financial knowledge can hardly cope with financial crimes easily.In other words, students equipped with abundant knowledge can have more job opportunities ,career progression and better salaries compared with the others.

On the other hand, I understand that build expertise in one particular subject is suitable for some undergraduate to study thoroughly and deeply.Unlike those who studying different subjects, these students could be more focused in their specialized area, allowing them get a deep-going learn in limited time and energy .

To summarize, I would argue that college students should actively learn more about different subjects rather than specialized in only one subject to find what they really want and cater for the social need better.

April 1, 2020 at 2:33 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 75% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.