Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer?

• Sherry
    University: XD University
    Nationality: China
    May 16, 2019 at 9:04 am

Students are having a group study while having snacks and drinks.

TOPIC: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Study habits are different from person to person, and we are always searching for the most suitable one. It is no wonder that some students prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study with a group of students. To me, studying alone is the better choice.

From some people’s perspective, studying with a group can gain the chance of learning from others. Students discuss together and during this process, they can gain ideas and experiences from others. When we are in a group work, we can make the best use of our specialities. Also, the learning vibe among the group would stimulate the ambition in our hearts. Though these advantages above, studying alone is the most effective way to gain knowledges for me.

Due to my personality, it is hard for me to restrain the desire of communicating with others. People beside me can be a distraction holding me back from concentration. Because of this, I need a totally quiet learning condition. Moreover, my major is engineering, which means I need more spirit to understand the obscure knowledge. This process is essential and cannot be replaced by discussing with others. Admittedly, sometimes we study with a group is a behavior to avoid thinking deeply. For we have the chance to ask the top students in the group, we would stop struggling on our own.

Both study styles have their advantages separately, and without discrimination. But for me, for those reasons above, I prefer to study alone rather than study with a group.

May 16, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Score: 70.6

Problems Highlight

Study habits are different [try to use active verbs instead of BE verbs] from person to person, and we are always searching for the most suitable one. It is no wonder that some students prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study with a group of students. To me, studying alone is the[article error] better choice.

From some people’s perspective, studying with a group can gain the chance of learning from others. Students discuss together and during this process, they can gain [Repetition] ideas and experiences from others. When we are in a [article error]group work, we can make the best use of our specialities. Also, the learning vibe among the group would stimulate the ambition in our hearts. Though these advantages above[Grammatical error], studying alone is the most effective way to gain knowledges [word form error] for me.

Due to my personality, it is hard for me to restrain the desire of [preposition error] communicating with others. People beside me can be a distraction holding me back from concentration. Because of this, I need a totally[unnecessary adverb] quiet learning condition. Moreover, my major is engineering, which means I need more spirit to understand the obscure knowledge. This process is essential and cannot be replaced by discussing with others. Admittedly, sometimes we study with a group is a behavior to avoid thinking deeply[Grammatical error]. For we have the chance to ask the top students in the group, [punctuation error]we would stop struggling on our own.

Both study styles have their advantages separately, and without discrimination[hard to understand]. But for me, for those reasons above, I prefer to study alone rather than study with [Wrong word choice] a group.

Comment: Revise your essay and re-upload it. 

Sherry
    University: XD University
    Nationality: China
    May 17, 2019 at 11:19 am

Modified Version:

Study habits vary from person to person, and we are always searching for the most suitable one. It is no wonder that some students prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study with a group of students. To me, studying alone is a better choice.

From some people’s perspective, studying with a group can gain the chance of learning from others. Students discuss together and during this process, they can gain new ideas and experience. When we are in a group, we can make the best use of our strong points. Also, the learning vibe among the group would stimulate the ambition in our hearts. In addition, this form is as similar as the way that people work in a company, and we would promote our communicating ability by this way. Though there are plenty of advantages, studying alone is the most effective way to gain for me.

First of all, due to my personality, it is hard for me to restrain the desire for communicating with others. People beside me can be a distraction holding me back from concentration. Because of this, I need a quiet learning condition. Moreover, my major is engineering, which means I need more spirit to understand the obscure knowledge. This process is essential and cannot be replaced by discussing with others. That is to say the advantages of studying with a group can hardly work. Admittedly, sometimes it is a behavior to avoid thinking deeply. For we have the chance to ask the top students in the group, we would stop struggling on our own.

Both study styles have their advantages separately, and there is no idea which one is better. But studying alone must be a more suitable one to me.

May 18, 2019 at 3:56 pm

Score: 74.9

Great job! I will get back to you shortly.

May 19, 2019 at 3:40 am

Final Revision

Study habits vary from person to person, and we are always searching for the most suitable one. It is no wonder that some students prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study with a group of students. To/For me, studying alone is a/the better choice.

From some people’s perspective, studying with a group can improve/increase gain the chance of learning from others. Students discuss together and during this process, they can gain new ideas and experience. When we are in a group, we can make the best use of our strong points. Also, the learning vibe[1] environment/atmosphere among the group would stimulate the ambition in our hearts. In addition, this form is as similar to as the way that people work in a company, and we would/could promote our communicationng ability in by this way. Though there are plenty of advantages, studying alone is the most effective way for me to advance/progress gain for me.

First of all, due to my personality, it is hard for me to restrain my the desire to for communicate communicating with others. People beside/around/near me can be a distraction holding me back from concentration. Because of this, I need a quiet learning conditions/a quiet learning environment. Moreover, my major is engineering, which means I need more spirit/attention/concentration to understand the obscure knowledge. This process is essential and cannot be replaced by discussions discussing with others. That is to say the advantages of studying with a group can hardly work/do not exist. Admittedly, sometimes students prefer to it is a behavior to avoid thinking deeply since/because if . For we have the chance to ask the top students in the group, we would/might/could stop struggling on our own.

Both study styles have their separate/distinct/individual advantages separately, and there is no idea which neither one is better. But studying alone must be/will always be a more suitable one for to me.

Comments: Excellent work! [1] Try to avoid ‘colloquialisms’, i.e., informal English expressions, when taking TOEFL, although you have used the term entirely correctly.