Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is a bad character for a person.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is a bad character for a person.

University: Huazhong University of Science and Technology
    Nationality: China
    September 23, 2020 at 9:19 am

Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is a bad character for a person.

In modern days, many people are afraid of making decisions, especially on some critical things. Thus, it costs them a lot of time during the process. However, I’m strongly opposed to this kind of behavior and hold the viewpoint that we don’t need to spend a lot of time making an important decision.

First , it is more effective to put your current thoughts into practice rather than take too much time to think. When you just think about the important decision, you’ll get nervous easily since this decision is of great importance. However, in this kind of situation, you can’t treat the problem peacefully and you’ll be stuck with the problem. But if you put your current ideas about the problem into practice, you can clearly identify the advantages and shortcomings of the two sides of the decision. After that, you can easily know which one to choose since you have practiced your ideas, which helps you save much time.

Second, many things related to the decision will change during the process of thinking. Because of the importance of the decision, every little change may influence final choice. For instance, when I wanted to buy an earphone before, I spent a lot of time considering about the earphone’s quality. Since I didn’t have much money, the decision was of great importance to me. When I finally made the decision, that type was sold out one day ago. In this instance, I spent too much time on making the decision but the change of the stock made my consideration meaningless.

Nevertheless, many people argue that the more time you spend on the process, the more comprehensive your decision will be. However, the more time that I use to think, the less time will be left to me to put the decision into practice. The result of the whole process of deciding and practicing is the most important thing, so we shouldn’t only consider the aspect of deciding.

In a nutshell, although the decision is important, we should still spend proper time on the decision instead of too much time.

October 1, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

October 6, 2020 at 1:50 pm

In modern days, many people are afraid of making significant decisions. Thus, it costs them a lot of time during the process. However, I’m strongly opposed to this kind of behavior. I hold the opinion that we don’t need to spend a lot of time making an important decision.

First of all, it is more effective to put your current thoughts into practice rather than take too much time to think. When you only think about the consequential decision, you’ll get nervous simply, since this decision is of great importance. However, in this kind of situation, you can’t treat the problem peacefully, and you can’t find a good approach to solve it. But if you put your current ideas about the problem into practice, you can clearly identify the advantages and shortcomings of the decision’s two sides. After that, you can smoothly know which one to choose, since you have practiced your ideas, which helps you save much time.

Second, many things related to the decision will change during the process of thinking. Because of the importance of the decision, every little change may influence the final choice. For instance, when I wanted to buy an earphone before, I spent a lot of time considering the earphone’s quality. Since I didn’t have much money, the decision was of great importance to me. When I finally made the decision, my ideal type was sold out one day ago. In this instance, I spent too much time making the decision, but the stock’s change made my consideration meaningless.

Nevertheless, many people argue that the more time you spend on the process, the more comprehensive your decision will be. However, the more time I use to think, the less time I will have to put the decision into practice. The result of the whole process of deciding and practicing is the most considerable thing, so we shouldn’t only consider the process of determining.

Although the decision is important in a nutshell, we should still spend proper time on the decision instead of too much time.

October 6, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Many pronouns are unclear. Replace pronouns (i.e., it) with clear nouns.
    3. Remain consistent in person (2nd person ‘you’ is often used in writings such as an advertisement).

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

October 8, 2020 at 2:46 am

In modern days, many people are afraid of making significant decisions. Thus, it costs them a lot of time during the process. However, I’m strongly opposed to this kind of behavior. I believe that we don’t need to spend a lot of time making an important decision.

First of all, putting current thoughts into practice is much more effective than taking too much time to think. Normally, when people only think about the consequential decision, they’ll get nervous simply since this decision is of great importance. In this kind of situation, they can’t treat the problem in a peaceful mood and find a proper approach to solve it. But if they put their current ideas about the problem into practice, they can identify the advantages and shortcomings of the decision’s two sides. After that, they can smoothly know which one to choose since they have practiced my ideas, which helps them save much time.

Second, many things related to the decision will change during the process of thinking. Because of the importance of the decision, every little change may influence the final choice. For instance, when I wanted to buy an earphone before, I spent a lot of time considering the earphone’s quality. Since I didn’t have much money, the decision was of great importance to me. When I finally made the decision, my ideal type was sold out one day ago. In this instance, I spent too much time making the decision, but the stock’s change made my consideration meaningless.

Nevertheless, many people argue that the more time you spend on the process, the more comprehensive your decision will be. However, the more time I use to think, the less time I will have to put the decision into practice. The final result is the most considerable thing. Deciding is only one part of the process. We should also pay enough attention to practicing.

Although the decision is measurable in a nutshell, what we need to do is to spend proper time on the decision.

October 9, 2020 at 12:52 am

In modern days, many people are afraid of making significant decisions[ Explain why  ]. Thus, it[unclear pronoun   ] costs them (a lot of )[ use formal writing  ]time during the process[ poor sentence structure that results in bad sentence coherence  ]. However, I’m strongly opposed to this kind of behavior. [ Rather,  ]I believe that we don’t need to spend a lot of time making an important decision.

First of all, putting current thoughts into practice is much more effective than taking too much time to think. Normally, when people only think about (the consequential decision)[ unclear – rephrase  ], they’ll get[ informal  ] [ may become  ]nervous simply since[  wrong word ] this decision is of great importance. In this kind of situation, they can’t treat the problem in a peaceful mood[, which is requisite for finding   ] and find a proper approach to solve it. But if they put their current ideas about the problem into practice, they can[ grammatical error – subjunctive voice  ] identify the [  both ]advantages and shortcomings of the decision’s two sides[ associated with the decision  ]. After that, (they can smoothly know which one to choose since they have practiced my ideas)[ unclear  ], which helps them save much time.

Second, many things related to the [ wrong article  ]decision will[tense error   ] change during the process of thinking. Because of the importance of the decision, every little change may influence the final choice. For instance, when I wanted to buy an earphone before, I spent a lot of time considering the earphone’s quality. Since I didn’t have much money, the decision was of great importance to me. When I finally made the decision, my ideal type (was )[ tense error  ]sold out one day ago. In this instance, I spent too much time making the decision, but the stock’s change made my consideration meaningless.

Nevertheless, many people argue that the more time you[one spends  ] spend on the process[ unclear  ], the more comprehensive your[informal person   ] decision will be. However, the more time I use to think, the less time I will have to put the[ /my  ] decision into practice. The final result is the most considerable thing[unclear   ]. Deciding is only one part of the process. We should also pay enough attention to practicing[ word form error  ].

Although the[article error   ] decision is measurable in a nutshell, what we need to do is to spend proper time on the decision.