Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• 21Mike
    University: Nanjing Normal University
    Nationality: China
    November 28, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. TPO 42

On a personal note, I strongly agree with the idea that teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.

First, in the past, there were few teachers as only few people have access to education at that time. Thus, the quality of education was higher than it is nowadays. When teachers were better educated, it would be a nature course that their teaching ability would be better, thus winning more appreciation.
    Second, I think students showed more respect to teachers in the past as teachers held a better social place in the past. In china, for example, teachers were always the most important people in a village, especially in remote area. At that time, a teacher could be the only person who can read in a village so that he were definitely valued by all the people. However, nowadays almost everybody can read, so teachers seem to be less important.

Third, The importance of education influence how teachers are treated. In the past, everyone held the belief that going to school and taking the examination are the only way to have a better life, to gain money and honor. In contrast, today’s story of many successful people told us that study is not the only way to be success and there are various choices besides go to college. That’s why teachers are less valued today since people even don’t want to go to school anymore. What’s more, things like money and power are affecting the purity of education. teachers are forced to kneel to people who own power. The situation is quite different from what it was in the past.

Additionally, with the rapid development of the society, people, especially adolescents, are easier to get access to a variety of kinds of information. They can search the answer they want whenever through the Internet so that it’s unnecessary for them to come for teachers any more.

In a nutshell, more students as our college has than before, I hold the opinion that Teachers are actually less appreciated and valued by society than before. This is not a good news as I think education is the only way to strengthen the ability of humanization. Only through joint efforts can the society pay more attention to the value of teachers thus creating a better atmosphere of learning.

November 28, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. More than 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten and split them.
    2. There are many passive sentences. Convert them into their active counterparts.
    3. Reduce the length of your essay to 320- words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

December 20, 2019 at 3:21 am

Your revised essay?