Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• YYYYYY
    University: BNU
    Nationality: China
    May 4, 2021 at 7:55 am

Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Although it’s common sense that teachers these days are more respected than in the past, as far as I am concerned, such assumption is not the true case at all.

To start with, improved living standards have greatly reduced the cost of education, and thus lowered teachers’ status. A long time ago, keeping humans from starvation was once a challenge for a household. Due to the limitation on recreative activities, education is extremely precious in such circumstances. Nowadays, most children have cheap and abundant access to teachers, both in a public way and privately. Hence, with such availability of teaching, teachers are not the precious figure we value. Take the telephone as an example, when it first came out, it was so expensive that most people could hardly get one. And a person with a phone was definitely respected. However, as telephones became cheap, today everyone has a phone, thus, no one will be respected for their possession of a phone. Therefore, since education is so cheap in the current world, teachers are not so valued as they were in the past.

Furthermore, teachers are not necessary in gaining knowledge, so they are not highly valued these days. In the past, there were few optional ways for learning, and even books were rare and costly. At that time, teachers are probably the most important and possible access toward knowledge. Therefore, they were appreciated for their intelligence. However, in the modern society, we can find knowledge everywhere, such as from television, the Internet, books, and so on. Meanwhile, it would be hard to find a teacher with more knowledge than the Internet. Use myself for an example. Whenever I have doubts on a subject, I would instinctively google it on the Internet, but not contact my teachers. Thus, with the variety of access to knowledge, teachers have become less appreciated status these days.

In all, with the lowered cost of teaching and diversified ways of gaining knowledge, I believe teachers gained more appreciation in the past than they did in the modern society.

May 6, 2021 at 12:24 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. Lengthy paragraphs; restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

YYYYYY
    May 9, 2021 at 9:31 am

Although it’s common sense that teachers these days are more respected than in the past, as far as I am concerned, such an assumption is not the reality at all.

The most important reason lies in improved living standards, which have greatly reduced the cost of education, which contributes to lower status of teachers. A long time ago, keeping humans from starvation was once a challenge for a household. In such circumstances, education was expensive and rare. Nowadays, most children have cheap and abundant access to teachers, both in a public way and in a private way. They may study online, take after-school courses, participate in summer camps, and so on. Hence, with such availability of teaching, teachers are not the venerable figure we value. Take the telephone as an example, when it first came out, it was so expensive that most people could hardly get one. And people were bound to respect a person who had a phone. But as telephones became cheap, today everyone has a phone. Needless to say, you will not look up to someone for their phone. To sum up, since education is inexpensive in the current world, teachers are not so valued as they were in the past.

Furthermore, teachers are not necessary for gaining knowledge, so they are not valued much these days. In the past, there were few optional ways for learning, and even books were rare and costly. At that time, teachers are one of the most critical and possible access toward knowledge. As a result, people appreciated teachers for their intelligence. On the contrary, in the modern society, we can find knowledge everywhere, such as from television, the Internet, books, and so on. Meanwhile, can you find a teacher with more knowledge than the Internet? Use me for an example. Whenever I have doubts on a subject, I would instinctively google it on the Internet, but not contact my teachers. Thus, with the variety of access to knowledge, teachers have become less appreciated status these days.

In all, the improvement in living standards have lowered the cost of teaching while the development of technology has diversified our ways of gaining knowledge. As a result, teachers gained less appreciation now than they did in the past.

May 9, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Lengthy paragraphs; restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

YYYYYY
    May 10, 2021 at 7:51 am

It’s common sense that teachers these days are more respected than in the past. But as far as I am concerned, such an assumption is far from the reality.

The most important reason lies in reduced cost of education, which contributes to a lower status of teachers. A long time ago, keeping humans from starvation was once a challenge for a household. In such circumstances, education was expensive and rare. Nowadays, most children have cheap and abundant access to teachers, both in a public and private way. They may study online, take after-school courses, participate in summer camps, and so on. Hence, with such availability of teaching, teachers are not the valuable figure we cherish. Take the telephone as an example. When it first came out, it was so expensive that most people could hardly get one. And people were bound to respect a person who had a phone. But as telephones became cheap, today everyone has a phone. In such circumstances, you will not look up to someone for their phone. To sum up, since education is inexpensive in the current world, teachers are not as valued as they were in the past.

Furthermore, teachers are not necessary for gaining knowledge, so they are not valued much these days. In the past, learning materials were rare and costly, and there were few alternative ways of education. At that time, teachers are one of the most critical and possible access toward knowledge. As a result, people appreciated teachers for their intelligence. On the contrary, in  modern society, we can find knowledge everywhere, such as from television, the Internet, books, and other sources. Meanwhile, can you find a teacher with more knowledge than the Internet? Use me for an example. Whenever I have doubts on a subject, I would instinctively google it on the Internet but not contact my teachers. Thus, with the variety of access to knowledge, teachers have become less appreciated status these days.

In all, the improvement in living standards has lowered the cost of teaching. Besides, the development of technology has diversified our ways of gaining knowledge. As a result, teachers gained less appreciation now than they did in the past.

May 17, 2021 at 2:15 am

It’s common sense that teachers these days are more respected than in the past[Factual Error  ]. But as far as I am concerned, such an assumption is far from the [article error  ]reality. [ problematic reasoning in introductory paragraph ]

The most important reason lies in[article error  ] reduced cost of education[unclear sentence  ], which contributes to a[article error  ] lower status of teachers. A long time ago, keeping humans from starvation was once[ redundant ] a challenge for a household[zero-conditional  ]. In such circumstances, education was expensive and rare. Nowadays, most children have( cheap and abundant)[ word choice issue ] access to teachers, both in a public and private way. They may study online, take after-school courses, participate in summer camps, and so on. Hence, with such availability of teaching[ wrong word ], teachers are not the valuable figure we cherish[confusing  ]. Take the[ article error ] telephone as an example. When it first came out, it was so expensive that most people could hardly get one. [punctuation error with coordinating conjunction  ]And people were bound to respect a person who had a phone. But as telephones became cheap, today everyone has a phone. In such circumstances, you[shift of person  ] will [ tense error ]not look up to someone for their phone. To sum up, since education is inexpensive in the current world, teachers are not as valued as they were in the past.

Furthermore, teachers are not necessary for gaining knowledge[ factual error ], so they are not valued much these days. In the past, learning materials were rare and costly, and there were few alternative ways of education. At that time, teachers are[ grammatical error ] one of the most critical and possible access toward knowledge[unclear sentence  ]. As a result, people appreciated teachers for their intelligence. On the contrary, in modern society, we can find knowledge everywhere, such as from television, the Internet, books, and other sources. Meanwhile, can you find a teacher with more knowledge than the Internet? Use me for an example[wrong phrase  ]. Whenever I have doubts on[ /about ] a subject, I would instinctively google it on the Internet (but not)[grammatical error  ] contact my teachers. Thus, with the[ article error ] variety of access to knowledge, teachers[ dangling ] have become less appreciated status these days.

In all, the[ article error ] improvement in living standards has lowered the cost of teaching. Besides, the development of technology has diversified our ways of gaining knowledge. As a result, teachers gained [ grammatical error ]less appreciation now than they did in the past.

Anna Jiang
    University: htw saar
    Nationality: 德国
    May 21, 2021 at 11:54 am

There’s no denying that teachers, as career, play an essential role in the whole education process. However, argument occurs recently that people don’t give much appreciation and value to they as they used to be. As far as I’m concerned, there could be many explanations

Firstly, the increasingly amount of education resources has inevitable decrease the value of teachers. In the past when the books were luxurious and school education was limited. The whole society would highly respect those who with enormous knowledge, as it showed not only a higher society status, but a wider horizon than ordinary people as well. Thanks to the invention of internet, in the contemporary life many knowledge can be easily approached online with a few mouse clicks. Therefore, students are free to choose the way they prefer to absorb new knowledge. which makes teachers, who was considered to be the solely access to these somehow not so necessary.

Secondly, it is the beginning of critical thinking that partly weaken the appreciation of the teachers. Like I said before, teachers in the old society used to enjoy a respectful reputation. This, on the other side, may also be considered as authority. For instance whatever they said was permanently true and no one dared to question or suspect .Things came change when the possibility of self-learning come to realize. The relation between teachers and students, in this way, improve from teaching and learning to questioning and debating. They are no longer considered to be flawless, but just like others they may also provide information with mistakes.

To be a nutshell, people during a debate are people who approach the fact and truth most. The reduce of appreciation and value upon teachers just shows that a rational way of thinking has been appearing on increasingly more people. Just as Steven Jobs said, stay hungry ,stay foolish.

May 24, 2021 at 3:01 am

Invalid (WeChat unavailable. Please add my WeChat and submit your essay separately (don’t submit your essay under another student’s post.)

Tagged: