Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.

• bolulu
    University: Northwest A&F University
    Nationality: China
    October 15, 2020 at 2:53 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.

Recently an interesting question has aroused attention among people. It’s about teacher were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Answers vary from person to person. Some people claims that teacher were less appreciated at present. The way I see it, I totally stand with this statement. My viewpoint is based on these following reasons.

First of all, advanced technology bring along with this situation. With the development of technology, students are able to get to know that there are lots of excellent teachers who are far more expertise and profound than theirs by social media. A bunch of students might taught by one teachers at a period in the past. But now they can keep track of more great teachers as comparation though internet class. They will gradually increase the awareness about their teachers might not be good enough.

Furthermore, the society’s fancy for money makes teachers no longer simple. As we all know, teacher’s average income is relatively lower than other jobs, which has led some of them seek for another chance to make extra money. Such as set up small tutorial classes after school. For instance, once a math teacher who taught me for a semester when I was a high school student. High school mathematics is so difficult that it wouldn’t be a good memory for each student. But that math teacher just took advantage of the students’ fear of mathematics and indicated us to join his personal tutorial classes which definitely expensive.

Admittedly, the majority of teachers still be appreciated and valued by society nowadays, not all of teachers would treat students like money machine. But the occurrence of these kinds of things will of course reduce the appreciation and valuable of contemporary students for teachers.

To put it into a nutshell, as far as the technology and society are concerned, teachers were surely appreciated and valued by society in the past than nowadays.

October 15, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    2. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

bolulu
    October 16, 2020 at 5:43 am

Recently an exciting question has aroused attention among people. It’s about teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Answers vary from person to person. Some people claim that teachers were less appreciated at present. The way I see it, I stand with this statement. My viewpoint is based on two reasons.

First of all, advanced technology brings along with this situation. With the development of technology, students are able to know that there are lots of excellent teachers around the world. They are more professional and knowledgeable than their teachers. A bunch of students might teach by one teacher at a period in the past. But now they can keep track of more great teachers as comparison through internet class. They will gradually aware of their teachers might not be good enough.

Furthermore, society’s fancy for money makes teachers no longer pure. I learned that teachers’ average income is lower than other jobs. Some of them try to seek another chance to make extra money. Once a math teacher taught me for a semester when I was a high school student. High school mathematics is so hard that it wouldn’t be a good memory for each student. That math teacher took advantage of students’ fear of math ,then indicated us to join his expensive tutorial classes. This behavior seriously reduced our respect for him.

Admittedly, most teachers still be appreciated and valued by society nowadays. Not all teachers want to benefit from students. However, the occurrence of these kinds of things will reduce the appreciation of contemporary students for teachers. End up damaging the value of the teacher.

To sum up, due to changes in technology and society, teachers are no longer appreciated and valued as before.

October 16, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Partial revision (many sentences need to be rewritten – simplify sentences to make your argument clearer)

Recently an exciting question has aroused attention among people. It’s about Some people argue teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are were nowadays. Answers vary from person to person. Some people claim that teachers were less appreciated at present. The way I see it, I stand with this statement. My viewpoint is based on two reasons. (Introduction needs to be rewritten – your argument is the most important part of this section. State it clearly)

First of all, advanced technology brings along with this situation. (reword previous sentence) With the development of technology, students are able to meet know that there are lots of excellent teachers around the world. They are more professional and knowledgeable than their teachers. A bunch of students might teach by one teacher at a period in the past. But now they can keep track of more great teachers as comparison through internet class. They will gradually aware of their teachers might not be good enough.

Furthermore, society’s fancy for money makes teachers no longer pure. I learned that teachers’ average income is lower than other jobs. Some of them try to seek another chance to make extra money. Once a math teacher taught me for a semester when I was a high school student. High school mathematics is so hard that it wouldn’t be a good memory for each student. That math teacher took advantage of students’ fear of math ,then indicated us to join his expensive tutorial classes. This behavior seriously reduced our respect for him.

Admittedly, most teachers still be appreciated and valued by society nowadays. Not all teachers want to benefit from students. However, the occurrence of these kinds of things will reduce the appreciation of contemporary students for teachers. End up damaging the value of the teacher.

To sum up, due to changes in technology and society, teachers are no longer appreciated and valued as before.

bolulu
    October 17, 2020 at 4:46 am

Recently a heated debate about whether teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays has attracted much public attention. The way I see it, I agree with that teachers were indeed less appreciated and valued by people at present. My viewpoint is based on two reasons.

First of all, advanced technology brings along with this situation.With the development of technology, students are able to meet excellent teachers around the world. They are more professional and knowledgeable than their teachers. A bunch of students might be taught by one teacher during a period in the past. But now they can keep track of  so many greater teachers in comparison with their own teachers  through internet class. They will be gradually aware that their teachers might not be good enough.
    <div class=”fp-reply__content”>
    <div class=”fp-reply__thecontent”>

Admittedly, most teachers are still appreciated and valued by society nowadays. Not all teachers want to benefit from students. However, the occurrence of these kinds of things will reduce the appreciation of contemporary students for teachers. That could definitely damage the value of the teacher with no doubt.

</div>
    </div>

October 19, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Score: 54.9

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Refer to the above partial revisions, some errors are still in the essay
    3. Preposition errors
    4. Spacing errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.