Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• feifeifeifay
    University: SISU
    Nationality: China
    December 17, 2020 at 10:01 am

Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The teacher plays an important role on students’ life. But, in the past, people always looked down on teachers. So, whether teachers were more appreciated and valued by society remains a heated topic. I think teacher’s position has improved a lot.

Teachers are now enjoying a high salary level. So, the decent payment helps to prove the rising position of teacher in society. To take my father as an example, he has been a senior high school teacher for more than two decades. In old days, my father’s salary can hardly afford a bicycle. He needs to work hard and live a thrift live so that the money can be saved to buy the bicycle. But the thing has changed nowadays. Thanks to increasing paid salary, my father has the ability to not only afford bicycles, but also cars.

Moreover, the increasing expenditure of government on teacher related projects may indicate the improved position of teacher. In recent years, the government have passed many projects, like the course on training teaching skills, teacher forum, and equipment fixing. Furthermore, bills intended to protect teacher’s rights have been frequently discussed and launched. In China, in old days, teachers have no right to decide what they teach, and they should obey strictly to school’s rule. Nowadays, not only can teacher tailor the class content but also give suggestions freely.

Last but not least, the student’s active participation in class is also another evidence. If student do not respect teacher, they will pay little attention on what teacher is talking and even choose to absent. But, by looking at the high participation rate in college and heat discussion among professors and students, all show the eagerness of student on knowledge and student’s acceptance of professor.

All in all, from rising salary, government’s increasing expenditure and student’s active participation, it can be concluded that teacher were appreciated and valued by society than the past.

December 18, 2020 at 2:05 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Most of them are unnecessarily lengthy. Simplify or split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. In consideration of sentence coherence, the subject of a sentence better echoes the subject, or the object, of the prior sentence. The subject of a passive sentence, however, often fails to do so, which severely damages the logical flow between sentences.
    3. Lots of grammatical errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

December 18, 2020 at 2:07 am

Please complete the revision of your first essay prior to working on this one.