Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Agree or not?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Agree or not?

• be-Frozen
    University: Nanjing Normal University
    Nationality: China
    March 6, 2023 at 3:01 am

Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Agree or not?

I disagree with the statement that teachers were more appreciated and valued by society several years ago than nowadays. It is true that being a teacher was quite difficult in the past. With respect, I argue that teachers are even more valuable and cherished at present, in such an era of rapid development, because of the lack of educational resources and the huge content of knowledge.

Firstly, the problem of lacking educational resources becomes increasingly serious nowadays. With the development of education, every school-age child needs high-quality education resources, in which teachers with excellent skills play a vital role. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. I was once a member of the Java programming team, and there were always difficult tasks to solve or uncommon bugs to fix. And most of these problems didn’t have correct answers on the Internet or in a guidebook. So when I had trouble solving problems, instead of searching for the answer myself, which might make no sense, I turned to my experienced teacher for help. And my teacher will always give some ideas or some creative ways to solve these problems. Consequently, I was able to learn Java pretty well.

Furthermore, living in the age of the Internet, teachers can help us classify and distinguish the huge amount of knowledge. On the other hand, teachers can tell us whether this kind of knowledge is wrong or outdated, which means we can focus on the things that we really need. For instance, in the process of learning TOEFL, there were lots of different sayings, like the ways to get a high score in the reading part, or how to remember words is the most efficient. Honestly speaking, as a student, I couldn’t figure out what kind of ways are reasonable. During that period, my teacher gave me lots of advice and corrected many wrong methods I learned from the Internet. As a result, I made great progress in my TOEFL test.

In conclusion, I strongly feel that having teachers is worth appreciating, especially at present.

May 2, 2023 at 1:00 am

I disagree with the statement that teachers were more appreciated and valued by society several years ago [ in the past  ]than [ they are  ] nowadays. (It is true that being a teacher was quite difficult in the past. )[logically disconnected   ]With respect, I argue that teachers are even more valuable and cherished at present,[ redundant  ] in such an era of rapid development, [ punctuation error  ]because of the lack of educational resources and the huge content of knowledge[ confusing/conflicting  ]. [  split the last sentence into two ]

Firstly, the problem of lacking educational resources becomes increasingly serious nowadays. (With the development of education, every school-age child needs high-quality education resources,)[  confusing ] in which[  ? ] teachers with excellent skills play a vital role[ in terms of ?  ]. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. I was once a member of the [  a ]Java programming team, and there were always [ that assiduously dealt with  ]difficult tasks [  such as fixing ] to solve or uncommon bugs to fix. [punctuation error   ]And most of these problems didn’t have[ lacked  ] correct answers on the Internet or in a guidebook. [punctuation error   ]So when I had trouble solving problems, instead of searching for the answer myself, which might make no sense, I turned to my experienced teacher for help.[ split this sentence into two  ] [  punctuation error ]And my teacher will[ grammatical error  ] always give some ideas or some creative ways to solve these problems. Consequently, I was able to learn[ ed substantive amounts of  ] Java [ knowledge  ]pretty well.

Furthermore, living in the age of the Internet, teachers can help us classify and distinguish[ wrong word  ] the huge amount of knowledge. On the other hand, teachers can tell us whether (this kind of)[  ? ] knowledge is wrong or outdated, which means we can focus on the things that we really need.[wordy   ] For instance, in the process of [ In sitting for the ]learning TOEFL [ test  ], there were lots of different sayings, like the ways to get a high score in the reading part, or how to remember words is the most efficient. Honestly speaking, as a student, I couldn’t figure out what kind of ways are reasonable.[  redundant – simplify ] During that period, my teacher gave me lots of advice[readily advised me    ] and[ helped me to correct  ] corrected many wrong methods I [ had  ]learned from the Internet. As a result, I made great progress in my [ the  ]TOEFL test.

In conclusion, I strongly feel that having teachers is worth appreciating, especially at present.[ unclear  ]

May 2, 2023 at 1:14 am

Final revision

Forest
    University: high school
    Nationality: China
    May 4, 2023 at 8:47 am

I can’t see the final version, is there a bug?