Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. 

• iiila330
    University: SUFE
    Nationality: Chinese
    February 19, 2020 at 7:51 am

TPO 41: Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. 

Throughout history, teachers have always been an admired and distinguished role in society. However, nowadays, the reputation and value of teachers are increasingly declining for several reasons.

In the past, because of the low rate of literacy and limited education resources, the number of teachers is scarce, so the relationship between a teacher and a student may last a long time, such as Socrates and Plato, Confucius and his students, etc. However, as society develops, modern education systems enable different teachers to teach different levels of students, from a boy or girl just learning to read to graduates starting their future careers. Therefore, as the influence of one single teacher very much weakens, teachers are not so respected as before.

In addition to the education systems, the development of technology also leads to the insignificance of teachers. With the help of the Internet, people learn through online courses, watching videos or even using certain applications. Take me as an example. I myself learned to play the piano by an APP called Simply Piano, which is designed to recognize the sound you play. With such a variety of learning methods, teachers may no longer be a necessity in many areas, and may even be replaced by artificial intelligence.

Finally, due to the strong power of social media, people nowadays are increasingly aware of the scandals of teachers. From violent abuse to sexual harassment, such scandals all contribute to the negative image of teachers and lower the society’s expectation of them.

In conclusion, it is the driving force of society itself that makes teachers less appreciated by society than they were in the past.

February 20, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Score: 49.4

Issues:

1. Nearly 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

iiila330
    February 21, 2020 at 4:36 am

Revision:

Throughout history, teachers have always been an admired and distinguished role in society. However, my observation and experience of life have led me to believe that the value of teachers is gradually declining nowadays.

In the past, the number of teachers is scarce due to the low rate of literacy and limited education resources. One must be of great knowledge and insight to become a competent teacher. So, as a teacher, his or her contributions to society are more easily to be appreciated, such as Socrates, Plato, and Confucius. While nowadays, anyone who graduates from a normal university and passes a test gets the qualification. Since the threshold becomes lower, teachers are not so influential as before.

In addition, the development of technology is another indispensable factor. Teachers may no longer be a necessity in many areas. With the help of the Internet, an increasing number of people learn through online courses or even using certain applications. Take me as an example. I myself learned to play the piano by an APP called Simply Piano, which is able to recognize the sound you play and give feedback. With such a variety of learning methods, resorting to teachers may not be the only way. Further, it is possible that artificial intelligence could eventually take the place of teachers.

Finally, social media nowadays also leads to a growing awareness of teachers’ improper behaviors, including verbal abuse, sexual harassment, or even violence. Once a single scandal is widely spread, parents will be afraid that similar cases would fall on their children. Therefore, the whole society’s expectations for teachers lower, so they are less admired than before.

In conclusion, the low threshold, advanced technology and powerful social media all contribute to the present social status of teachers, which is no longer the same as before.

February 21, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Score: 52.6

Issues:

1. Nearly 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

iiila330
    February 22, 2020 at 4:33 am

Throughout history, teachers have always been an admired and distinguished role in society. They devoted themselves to passing human wisdom from one generation to another. But according to my observation, the value of teachers has kept declining nowadays.

In the past, the number of teachers was scarce due to limited educational resources. One must be of great knowledge and insight to become a competent teacher. So, as a teacher, his or her contributions to society were prone to admiration, such as Socrates, Plato, and Confucius. While nowadays, any normal university graduate who passes a test can get the qualification. Besides, teachers nowadays only need to teach a rather small part instead of overall knowledge. Since the threshold becomes lower, teachers are not so influential as before.

Moreover, the development of technology is another indispensable factor. Teachers may no longer be a necessity in many areas. With the help of the Internet, an increasing number of people learn through online courses or even certain applications. Take me as an example. I myself learned to play the piano by an APP called Simply Piano, which is able to recognize the sound and give feedback. With such a variety of learning methods, resorting to teachers may not be the only way. Further, it is possible that someday artificial intelligence could take the place of teachers.

Finally, social media is also a strong impetus. Teachers’ improper behaviors, including verbal abuse, sexual harassment, or even violence, raise more awareness nowadays. Once a single scandal spread to the public, parents will all be afraid that similar cases would fall on their children. Since negative impacts are always harsher than positive counterparts, the whole society’s expectations for teachers lower.

In conclusion, although teachers are still respectable, the present social status of teachers is no longer the same as before.

February 24, 2020 at 3:34 am

Score: 53.5

Throughout history, teachers have always been [ tense error] an admired and distinguished role [wrong word ] in society. They devoted themselves to passing human wisdom from one generation to another. But according to my observation, the value of teachers has kept declining [wordy ] nowadays.

In the past, the number of teachers was scarce [logical error ] due to limited educational resources. One must be of [dull BE verb ] great knowledge and insight to become a competent teacher. [punctuation error with coordinating word ] So, as a teacher, his or her contributions [logical confusion ] to society were prone to [ rephrase] admiration, (such as Socrates, Plato, and Confucius) [disposition ] . While [wrong adverb ] nowadays, any [ absolute statement] normal university graduate who passes a test can get the qualification. Besides, teachers nowadays [redundant ] only need to teach a rather small part [ punctuation error] instead of overall knowledge. Since the threshold becomes lower, teachers are not so [ wrong adverb] influential as before.

Moreover, the development of technology is another indispensable factor [logical incompleteness ] . Teachers may no longer be a necessity in many areas [ wrong word] . With the help of the Internet, an increasing number of people learn through online courses or even certain applications [unclear ] . Take me as an example. I myself learned to play the [ article error] piano by [wrong preposition ] an APP called Simply Piano, which is able to recognize the sound and give feedback. With such a [singular/plural error ] variety of learning methods, resorting to teachers may not be the only way [logical incompleteness ] . Further, it is possible that someday artificial intelligence could take the place of teachers.

Finally, social media is also a strong impetus [logical incompleteness ] . Teachers’ improper behaviors, including verbal abuse, sexual harassment, or even violence, raise more awareness nowadays. Once a single scandal spread to the public, parents will [ tense error] all be afraid that similar cases would fall on their children. Since negative impacts [ noun form error] are always harsher than [ lack a pronoun] positive counterparts, the whole society’s expectations for teachers lower [ grammatical error] .

In conclusion, although teachers are still respectable, the present social status of teachers is no longer the same as before.

iiila330
    February 24, 2020 at 6:07 am

Throughout history, teachers played an admired and distinguished role in society. They devoted themselves to passing human wisdom from one generation to another. But according to my observation, the value of teachers is declining nowadays.

In the past, the ratio of teachers in the whole society was rather small due to limited educational resources. One must have great knowledge and insight to become a competent teacher. Thus, teachers who brought enlightenment to society were more likely to receive admiration. For example, Confucius, the great educator, exerted enduring influence even till now. However, nowadays a normal university graduate who passes a test can get the qualification. Besides, teachers only need to teach a rather small part, instead of overall knowledge. Since the threshold becomes lower, teachers are not as influential as before.

Moreover, the development of technology is another indispensable factor for teachers’ decreasing value. Teachers may no longer be a necessity in many fields. With the help of the Internet, an increasing number of people learn through online courses or even educational applications. Take me as an example. I learned to play the piano under the instruction of an APP called Simply Piano, which is able to recognize the sound and give feedback. With varieties of learning methods, resorting to teachers may not be the only way to mastering a new skill. Further, it is possible that someday artificial intelligence could take the place of teachers.

Finally, social media is also a strong impetus that weakens the value of teachers. Teachers’ improper behaviors, including verbal abuse, sexual harassment, or even violence, raise more awareness nowadays. Once a single scandal spread to the public, parents may all be afraid that similar cases would fall on their children. Since such a negative impact is always harsher than its positive counterpart, the whole society may have lower expectations for teachers.

February 24, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Score: 51.2

Throughout history, teachers played an admired and distinguished role in society. They devoted themselves to the passing of human wisdom from one generation to another. Regardless of teachers’ contributions during the old days, [ poor connection with the prior sentence ] But according to my observation, I am of the opinion that nowadays the value of teachers is declining nowadays.

In the past, the ratio of teachers in the whole society was rather small due to limited educational resources. One must have [ plain verb/use strong verb ]great[ vague adjective ] knowledge and insight to become a competent teacher. Thus, teachers who brought enlightenment to society were more likely to receive admiration. For example, Confucius, the great educator, exerted enduring influence even till now. However[ misplaced adverb ], nowadays [misplaced adverb  ]a normal university graduate who passes a test can get[plain verb  ] the qualification. Besides, teachers only need to teach a rather small part, instead of overall knowledge[rephrase  ]. Since the occupational threshold becomes lower, teachers are not as influential as before.

Moreover, the development of technology[wordy  ] is another indispensable factor for/behind teachers’ decreasing value. [ Abrupt introduction of a new idea ]Teachers may no longer be a necessity in many fields. With the help of the Internet, an increasing number of people learn through online courses or even from using educational applications. Take me as an example. I learned to play the [ article error ]piano under the instruction of an APP called Simply Piano, which is able to recognize the sound and give feedback. [ poor connection with the prior sentence ]With varieties of learning methods, resorting to teachers may not be the only way to mastering a new skill. Further, it is possible that someday artificial intelligence could take the place of teachers.

Finally, social media is also a strong impetus that weakens the value of teachers. Teachers’ improper behaviors, including verbal abuse, sexual harassment, and/or even violence, raise more awareness nowadays[misplaced adverb  ]. Once a single scandal spread [grammatical error  ]to the public, parents may all be afraid that similar cases would fall on their children. Since such a negative impact is always harsher than its positive counterpart[rephrase  ], the whole society may have lower expectations for teachers.

In conclusion, although teachers are still respectable, the present social status of teachers their present societal esteem is no longer the same as before fades.