Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past

• yingping
    University: The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
    Nationality: China
    December 25, 2019 at 7:41 pm

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″><b><i>Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?</i></b></span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″><b><i>Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays.
    </i></b></span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>With the development of technology and the Internet, there are much more available sources online for students to acquire knowledge by themselves. Therefore, teachers’ functions in education have been seemingly replaced. Some people claim that teachers were more appreciated by society in the past. I agree with this statement. </span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Firstly, because of the improvement of technology, students can get information spontaneously without teachers’ help. Not only can students search on the Internet when they encounter problems, but they can also watch online courses at home. Therefore, teachers are not that important in the process of learning and are not appreciated by students compared to the past.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Secondly, from the student’s perspective, in the past, only a few children were able to receive education so that teachers could choose the students with a high quality of moral and personality. However, now social warfare has been improved, and many countries implement compulsory education. Thus, everyone can go to school regardless of their personality and characteristics. Moreover, among the students, many are spoiled by their parents. Parents would rather blame the teachers instead of considering their children’s faults, which results in teachers being less respected.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Thirdly, from the teacher’s perspective, it is easier to be a teacher nowadays compared to the past. Because of more and more education platforms, many people without qualification can be a teacher. Besides, in the past teachers considered teaching as a valuable and enjoyable way to transfer knowledge, but now more and more teachers become profit-driven. Gradually commercialized and losing the profession standard, this occupation is not considered respectable anymore.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>The afore-mentioned three aspects are the reasons why I think teachers were more appreciated and valued in the past compared to nowadays. Having a teacher is no longer a prerequisite to receiving education and being a student or a teacher is not competitive now compared to in the past. </span></p>

January 14, 2020 at 2:30 am

Invalid essay because of lots of unreadable codes. You need to resubmit your essay without these codes. Thanks!