Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

• S.H.
    University: pku
    Nationality: CHN
    January 20, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

Some people think that technology today is too versatile for kids nowadays to make more innovations.Yet ,they are just the ones who ignore the convenience brought by technology that facilitates all kinds of exporations.Nowadays,it is technology that inspires kids and students to imagine things that seems impossible and later bring them into reality.

Internet and computers these days allow children to have a broader view of the world and acquire more knowledge.It is adequate knowledge that lay solid foundation for innovations.In the past,people who did not have enough money or opportunity to study abroad were lack of information what happened and recently developed in other countries.Views constrained in a small place,they did not acquire the ability to imagine more possibilities of life.However,nowadays everytime I open the computer,click on the website I am interested in and information around the world will be gathered within seconds.Knowing that someone has invented a car that can fly like a helicopter,children will imagine maybe cars can also be used like boats one day;knowing a kind of plant can give out light in the dark,children will wonder can that plant be modified and be used as streetlight in the future.

All kinds of softwares on computer today extend children’s imagination and give them an opportunity to creat something novel.Dating back to the days my parents went to school,they just read textbooks and listened to teachers’ talking.In contrast,from my primary school to university,classrooms are equipped with computers and screens.In class,students are able to demenstrate their opinions like a three dimensions cube using softwares and carry out reasearch based on mass data.Last month,I read a news saying a group of primary school students in Beijing accomplished a study using Python that intended to find out the most frequently used phrases in Tang poetries.

January 21, 2020 at 9:02 pm

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. 100% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Reduce the percentage to 15%-;
    2. About 75% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

S.H.
    January 22, 2020 at 12:58 am

Some people think technology is too versatile for kids to make innovations today. Yet, they ignore the convenience brought by technology that facilitates many explorations. Nowadays, it is the technology that inspires kids to fancy things impossible and bring them into reality.

Internet and computers these days allow children to have a broader view of the world. A broad horizon lays a solid foundation for innovations. In the past, most people did not have enough money or opportunity to study abroad. They were lack of information about what happened and developed in other countries. Views constrained in a small place, they did not acquire the ability to imagine more possibilities. However, today whenever I open the computer, click on links and I can get information around the world. Comprehensive materials allow kids to keep pace with new findings. As a result, they will dream for the future based on that. Knowing that someone has invented the car that can fly, children will imagine cars can also sail on the sea. Knowing a plant is luminous, children will come up with the idea of using it as streetlight.

All kinds of software on computers today extends children’s imagination and inspires them to create something novel. Dating back to the days my parents went to school, they read tedious textbooks without multi-media. So what they learned were dead theories written on the papers. But in my school, classrooms have computers and screens. In class, students can demonstrate their opinions like a three dimensions cube using software. In addition, kids can carry out research based on mass data. Last month, a group of primary school students accomplished a study using Python. This software helped them find out phrases with high frequency in Tang poetries.

S.H.
    January 22, 2020 at 12:59 am

Thanks for your review!

S.H.
    January 22, 2020 at 3:41 am

Some people think technology is too versatile for kids to make innovations today. Yet, they ignore the convenience brought by technology that facilitates many explorations. Nowadays, it is the technology that inspires kids to fancy things impossible and brings them into reality.

Internet and computers these days allow children to have a broader view of the world. A wide horizon lays a solid foundation for innovations. In the past, most people did not have enough money or opportunities to study abroad. They were lack of information about what happened and developed in other countries. Views constrained in a small place, they did not acquire the ability to imagine more possibilities. However, today whenever I open the computer, click on links , and I can get information around the world. Comprehensive materials allow kids to keep pace with new findings. As a result, they will dream for the future based on that. Knowing that someone has invented a car that can fly, children will imagine cars can also sail on the sea. Knowing a plant is luminous, children will come up with the idea of using it as streetlights.

All kinds of software on computers today extend children’s imagination and inspire them to create something novel. Dating back to the days my parents went to school, they read tedious textbooks without multi-media. So what they learned were dead theories written on the papers. But at my school, classrooms have computers and screens. In class, students can demonstrate their opinions like a three dimensions cube using a piece of software. Moreover, kids can carry out research based on mass data. Last month, a group of primary school students accomplished a study using Python. This software helped them find out phrases with high frequency in Tang poetries.

January 22, 2020 at 3:46 am

Score: 67.3

Some people think [ that ]technology is too versatile for kids to make innovations today. Yet, they[unclear pronoun/some people or kids?  ] ignore the convenience brought by technology that [ unclear pronoun/convenience or technology? ]facilitates many explorations. Nowadays, it is the technology that inspires kids to fancy (things impossible )[ unclear ]and brings them[ unclear/kids or things? ] into reality.

Internet and computers these days allow children to have[ vague verb-use strong verb ] a broader view of the world. A wide horizon lays a solid foundation for innovations. In the past, most people did not[ avoid using NOT ] have enough money or opportunities to study abroad. They were lack[grammatical error  ] of[ grammatical error ] information about what happened [  tense error]and developed in other countries. Views constrained in a small place, [ punctuation error ]they[ unclear pronoun ] did not[ avoid using NOT ] acquire the ability to imagine more possibilities. However, today whenever I open the computer, click on links , and [  coordinating word error]I can get information around the world. Comprehensive materials allow kids to keep pace with new findings. As a result, they [ unclear pronoun ]will dream for [ preposition error ]the future based on that[unclear pronoun  ]. Knowing that someone has invented a car that can fly, children will imagine that cars can also sail on the sea. Knowing a plant is luminous, children will[ absolute writing ] come up with the idea of using it as streetlights.

All kinds of software (on computers) [redundant  ] today extend children’s imagination and inspire them to create something novel. Dating back to the days my parents went to school, they read tedious textbooks without multi-media. So what they learned were dead theories written on the papers. But at my school, classrooms have computers and screens[ logical confusion ]. In class, students can demonstrate their opinions like a three dimensions[ wording error ] cube using a piece of software. Moreover, kids can carry out research based on mass data. Last month, a group of primary school students accomplished a study[ unclear word ] using Python. This software helped them find out phrases with high frequency in Tang poetries.