Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

• aircurry
    University: Xiamen University
    Nationality: China
    July 10, 2020 at 2:32 pm

Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

Recently, there is always a controversial issue about whether due to technology, children are less creative than they were in the past. From my perspective, I don’t agree with the following statement.

First of all, with the development of modern technology, children are free from burden study, thus they are able to think and create new things. For example, since the computers of new types come into the world, children are capable of calculating by using them rather than doing it by themselves, therefore they save their time to study other things such as algebra. The more they learn, the more creative they are. So, technology enables children to create a better world.

Secondly, in this contemporary world, using technology properly can broaden children’s eyes. Furthermore, children have more possibilities to contact this world, which means they can think deeply and be more creative. For instance, when I was a child, the books I read consisted of fairy tales only. However, there are a lot of things like knowledge of the universe on the internet beyond what I could imagine at that time, with which kids perhaps want to explore the galaxy in the future. According to this, they may have creative thoughts.

Last but not least, historically, the formation of civilization is based on communication. Technology enables human beings to create more convenient tools to communicate. For children, they are able to share what they think quickly and timely with their partners. In addition, as we all know, group work has the capacity to stimulate everyone’s creativity. Take my nephew for an excellent example. One day, the teacher assigned homework to draw a picture of nature. To begin with, he just drew a tree. However, after communicating with his classmates by Wechat, a social application, he had innovative ideas and drew some insects, which we adults may ignore in daily life. From this story, I truly believe technology makes the young more creative.

July 14, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. There are lots of grammatical errors.
    2. Rewrite the first paragraph using your own words. 

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.