The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Samples (all perfect score) The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.

• June 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Roy

University: XIDIAN

Nationality: China

This essay was proofread by WritersForMe

TOEFL Essay Topic: The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.

As a crucial part of our lives, friendship has accompanied us from birth. However, it still bothers us when choosing whether to make new friends or to maintain an established friendship. For me, I would like to spend time enhancing existing friendships over a long period.

Admittedly, making new friends is beneficial. It will refresh our minds with diversified thought towards questions related to economics, history or even academics. It also provides a platform to improve self-orientation by expressing ourselves. But when it comes to happiness, I would like to keep my existing friendship.

According to my personal experience, we are more relaxed with old friends. We pay less attention to what we say while staying with them. We need not worry as much about new friends feeling embarrassed or offended. We have more freedom to chat about things like gossip and political issues and to choose the places where we want to go to. Consequently, a cozy atmosphere relieves our stress after a whole day studying.

Moreover, true friends are those who we ask for a favor when in a dilemma. For instance, my best friend, Lisa, who I first encountered in primary school, always helps me in diverse situations. We have been the best of friends for a decade, and she is the exact person that comes to my mind when I have troubles. However, these elusive issues, sometimes, are hard to elucidate to my parents, let alone new friends. Whatever I got from the help of Lisa, the auditory comforts or the behavior supports, brought me courage and power to face difficulties.

Last but not least, the plentiful number of friends we have always influences the depth of friendship. As we spend more time to make new friends, it comes with less vigor to have fun with old friends. While they are the exact people sharing our detailed love and hate towards people and things.