The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.

• meloxdmy
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: China
    February 21, 2021 at 1:14 pm

The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Friends are probably the most important source for you when you start to work or study. They could talk with you kindly to decrease your pressure. You will find tons of innovative ideas with them. From my standpoint, I strongly believe that the ability to making new friends is more important than maintaining the friendship. making new friends is of great benefit for you, even through your all life.

Firstly, new friend is not just a new person. You could gain a new perspective from a totally new person. With the communication with new friend, you are actually finding the chance to rebuild yourself. My father used to work in the office of international transaction ten years ago. His colleague was a person who liked to make new friends. As time passing, even a boss of German company would sometime invite him to join the party. Soon the colleague moved to Germany. Now his salary is much higher than my father.

Another advantage is that making new friend could let you start life again. It sounds impractical and magical, but a new friend may mean a new life. Last year I entered the best senior high of our city, and I also met many excellent friends. Some of them are experts of computer science, and they invoked me to join the computer technology club. Finally, I got a second prize of the national olympaids of informatics. Without my friends help, I would not be interested in computer science. I really started a new life when I try to learn computer knowledge.

In fact, there are some misunderstanding of maintaining the friendships. Some people convinced that the only way to maintaining them is not to make new friends. It has been proved to be a definitely wrong opinion. Maintaining friendships is a basic ability. But it also could catch you and put you in your mind’s cage. So I believe making new friends is more essential. It could build the balance between new things and old things, which we always avoid to face.

February 22, 2021 at 1:50 am

On hold [ question unanswered on WeChat]