The ability to make new friends easily is more important for happiness (TPO-49)

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The ability to make new friends easily is more important for happiness (TPO-49)

• DengEvan
    University: Fudan University
    Nationality: 中国
    April 18, 2019 at 9:09 am

I disagree with the opinion. I think that the ability to make many new friends easily is more important for happiness than the ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time.
    I hold this point of view form my own experiences.
    First, people are changing constantly, including ourselves. Somethings we had interests in yesterday may not draw our attention even today. To be honestly, as a graduate student with the age of 23, I only have 5 or 6 persons who can be called friends over a long period of time, both are my junior or senior school classmates. We are old friends because we had a great time back then, playing together, which leaved us a lot of fond memories. Nevertheless, no matter how great our school time was, it is past. I once participated an old-classmate meeting, but nothing is interesting. Though some of us used to be very good friends back in school time, we do not have a single topic to talk about now. Because some of us started working, some of us continued studying, in different city and different industry. We are so different that we do not even have anything in common, let alone the same interests and topics we can talk about.
    Second, the ability to make new friends easily is of vital importance for me, a graduate student who is looking for a job. I should quickly change my role as a student to a man who can earn his own living, or even, earn the living of my family. Provided that I can make new friends easily with my colleagues, I will have a better chance to get accustomed of my new environment, since my new friends will help me about this. I am not a person with pure utilitarianism, I am just being practical. If I want to stand up to the cruel life, I have no choice but to get accustomed.

April 18, 2019 at 4:10 pm

You uploaded two essays at almost the same time. You need to complete the full revision process prior to working on your 2nd essay.