The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

• YANGXZ
    University: Southern University of Science and Technology
    Nationality: China
    September 1, 2020 at 12:59 pm

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

What is supposed to the major elements that make up a great scientiest? The answer lies in, I think, not only the accomplishments in their reasearch but also how much they contribute to the real world. Thus, there is no doubts that professors are supposed to work out side the academic world, but do all the faculty in colleges and universities need to work ourside world and must be in a field that relevant to the courses they teach? I harbor the opposite position.

Firstly, I think the problem in the real world simply resembles the frame of architecture to those theories in academic reasearch, if scientiests stop concerning those real problems, the building of science will collapse. Therefore, I agree that some professors need to work outside the academic world to understand how the real world are operating, what kind of problems are arised in the industry areas. If all the professors only immerse themselves in their research fiels we will never have the great search engine-Google, which are developed by Larry Page and his algorithm-PageRank algorithm; and we will also never see the internet world becomes reality or the rapid development of the intellectual phone, such as Sumsang, Apple and Huawei. Therefore, on no account should professors in the universities just immerse in their tiny research fields, it is necessary to get involved in to the real world.

However, does all faculty in the universities need to find a position outside the academic world? I do not think so.  Firstly, professors do not have enough time to take part in both work outside and teach in the colleges. Professors often need to teach some courses in the universities and do some research on their field. If all the faculty have to work outside, the universities will not have enough professors to teach students those courses. For instance, if a university have five hundred professors, those professors will spend half time in their social work and half time in their research, then nobody will come to teach the courses! It is ridiculous for a university.

September 2, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Lots of grammatical errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.