The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

• CrapBag
    University: United International College(ZHU HAI)
    Nationality: china
    March 29, 2022 at 3:16 pm

The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

I agree that the extended family is less important than it was in the past. Maybe around fifty years ago, living with extended families was necessary for individuals to ensure their survival. Living resources such as food and shelter were barely possible for ordinary people to get. However, in modern society’s context, where people can get survival resources easily, I do not consider the extended family is as important as it is anymore.

The extended family was important because people could live with safety and security only by living together. Since most governments around the world have much more power to keep the stability of society, people can live happily and adequately even as only an individual. There’s a pronounced tendency that people are living with nobody but themselves or only with close family members. Thus it can be concluded that people’s need to live with extended family has decreased.

Besides, living with a bunch of family members can cause a series of potential issues. Even in a close family, conflict happens a lot, let alone in an extended family. Individualism has affected young groups very profoundly. Young groups nowadays always try to show their personalities, and the countless conflicts between them and their family members come. Most of my friends and I have experienced arguing or fighting with our parents during our teenage. What if a couple more people from extended families live with us? It’s not hard to infer that there would be more conflicts and quarrels. In many situations, extended family members are nobody but strangers to people nowadays, for they sometimes cannot even recall each other’s names. Of course, many people can be very close to some of their extended family members, but this concept of extended family is broken and will not be as significant as it was.

April 3, 2022 at 1:57 am
    • Fix issues suggested on screenshot reviews;
    • Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    CrapBag
    University: United International College(ZHU HAI)
    Nationality: china
    April 8, 2022 at 9:39 am

I agree that the extended family is less important than it was in the past. Maybe around fifty years ago, living with extended families was necessary for individuals to ensure their survival. Living resources such as food and shelter were barely possible for ordinary people to get. However, in modern society’s context, where people can get survival resources easily, I do not consider the extended family as important as it is anymore.

The extended family was important because people could only live with safety and security by living together. Since most governments around the world have much more power to keep the stability of society, people can live happily and adequately even as only an individual. There’s a pronounced tendency that people are living with nobody but themselves or only with close family members. Thus it can be concluded that people’s need to live with extended family has decreased.

Besides, living with many family members can cause a series of potential issues. Conflict often happens even in a close family, let alone in an extended family. Individualism has affected young groups very profoundly. Young groups nowadays always try to show their personalities, and the countless conflicts between them and their family members come. Most of my friends and I have experienced arguing or fighting with our parents during our teenage. What if a couple more people from extended families live with us? It’s not hard to infer that there would be more conflicts and quarrels.

In many situations, extended family members are nobody but strangers to people nowadays, for they sometimes cannot even recall each other’s names. Of course, many people can be very close to some of their extended family members, but this concept of extended families is broken and will not be as significant.

April 12, 2022 at 5:56 pm

I agree that the extended family is less important than it was in the past. Maybe around fifty years ago, (living with extended families)[ unclear; distinguish ‘an extended family’ from ‘extended families’] was necessary for individuals to ensure their[ ensures one’s  ] survival. [ incoherence between sentences (make the subject of a sentence echo the subject/object of the prior sentence)  ] Living resources such as food and shelter were barely possible for ordinary people to get. However, in [ In  ]modern [ society, however,  ]society’s context, where people can get[ /obtain  ] survival resources easily,[ punctuation error  ] [ incoherence between sentences  ]I do not consider[ believe that  ] the extended family as important as it is[ grammatical error  ] anymore.

The extended family was important because people could only live with safety and security by living[ word repetition  ] together. Since most governments around the world (have much more power to keep the stability)[ unclear  ] of society, people can live happily and adequately[wrong word   ] (even as only)[ unclear  ] an individual. There’s a pronounced tendency that (people are living with nobody but themselves)[ switch from unconditional writing to conditional writing ] or only with close family members. Thus it can be concluded that people’s need to live with [ in an  ]extended family has decreased.

Besides, living with many family members can cause[/could lead to   ] a series of potential issues. Conflict often happens even in a close[ nuclear  ] family, let alone in an extended family[word repetition   ]. Individualism has affected young groups very profoundly[ unconditional writing  ]. Young groups nowadays always [ unconditional writing  ]try to show their personalities, and[ so  ] the countless conflicts between them and their family members come[/often emerge   ]. Most of my friends and I have experienced arguing or fighting with our parents during our teenage. What if (a couple more)[ wrong phrase  ] people (from extended families)[unclear   ] live with us? It’s not hard to infer that there would be [  Apparently, ]more conflicts and quarrels [might follow   ].

In many situations, (extended family members)[  unclear ] are nobody but strangers to people nowadays, for[ since  ] they sometimes cannot even recall each other’s names. Of course, many people can be [ use verb to replace BE verb  ]very close to some of their extended family members, but this concept of extended families is broken and (will not be as significant)[unclear   ].

April 12, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Final revision