The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position.

• cjy
    University: jiangnan
    Nationality: china
    September 23, 2021 at 3:14 am

The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position.

The speaker argue that the dispelling the illusion that people living now are notably different from the previous generation is the main benefit of the study of history, which I cannot agree with completely. In my view, there are many other benefits which can be more useful than merely dispelling the illusion.

Admittedly, there are many similarities between people living nowadays and people living in earlier times. The very nature of human would never change. For example, people used to consider food and safety as the most important factor in life and at present the basic need for both food and safety do not significantly change. Many poor people in Africa still struggle to feed themselves and protect their families from the danger. Thus studying history can help people know more about the previous generation and by contrast we can understand the similarity between different generations.

However, by studying history people can not only know the basic information of the past life, but also can learn experience form various historic events, as many historic events are well recorded and provide excellent evidence for people to study. For example, after the Second World War, many people attribute the fascism to the cause of the terrible war which cause extreme damage on residents almost all over the world. While also some historians blame the economic crisis in many capitalist countries for the reason starting the war. Though there may be many different explanation for the war, people can learn many lessons from it and thus prevent it in the future.

In sum, the speaker’s assertion that the main benefit of studying history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times cannot be convincing to me, because I think the lessons that we learn from studying history is more important and benefit us more.

September 23, 2021 at 2:42 pm

The speaker argue (verb form error) that the (article error) dispelling the illusion that people living now are notably different from the previous generation is the main benefit of the study of (studying) history, which I cannot agree with completely. In my view, there are many other benefits which (pronoun errorr) can be more useful than merely dispelling the illusion.

Admittedly, there are many similarities between people living nowadays and people living in earlier times. The very nature of human would never change. For example, people used to consider food and safety as the most important factor in life and at present the basic need for both food and safety do not significantly change. Many poor people in Africa still struggle to feed themselves and protect their families from the danger. Thus studying history can help people know more about the previous generation and by contrast we can understand the similarity between different generations.

However, by studying history people can not only know the basic information of the past life, but also can learn experience form various historic events, as many historic events are well recorded and provide excellent evidence for people to study. For example, after the Second World War, many people attribute the fascism to the cause of the terrible war which cause extreme damage on residents almost all over the world. While also some historians blame the economic crisis in many capitalist countries for the reason starting the war. Though there may be many different explanation for the war, people can learn many lessons from it and thus prevent it in the future.

In sum, the speaker’s assertion that the main benefit of studying history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times cannot be convincing to me, because I think the lessons that we learn from studying history is more important and benefit us more.

September 24, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Partial Revision (please fix similar errors, revise whole essay, and resubmit)