The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.

• gls1196
    University: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
    Nationality: China
    February 26, 2021 at 7:24 am

The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Thanks to the well-developed Internet, opinions of celebrities can be spread to all the world at an extremely high speed. In my view, these opinions are more important to younger people that they are to older people. The reasons are as followed.

First of all, younger people are main fans of famous entertainers and athletes. Younger people are more likely to spend money and time on their idols than elder people. Take myself as an example. My favorite singer, Jie Zhang, went to Shanghai to have a music concert last year. At that time, I was so excited because it was my dream to see him. Although I didn’t have enough money, I asked my parents for help. What’s more important, I was not the only one who attended the concert in my class. A lot of classmates also went there and had a good time. However, my grandparents thought that it’s meaningless to spend money meeting with idol. Obviously, compared with older people, younger people are main fans of celebrities.

In addition, younger people are more likely to be influenced by their idols since they are less mature than older people. Older people had experienced lots of complicated things in their lifetime, so they are clearer when facing opinions of celebrities. However, some wrong opinions of celebrities may be harmful to younger people. For instance, an excellent athlete took drugs two years ago. What’s worse, he thought that taking drugs is his freedom. Once younger people heard the bad idea, they may follow the athlete and also take drugs. Therefore, in my view, younger people are more likely to follow their fans’ behavior. And celebrities are expected to take care on their own behaviors and words and take a good example for younger people.

All in all, compared with older people, opinions of celebrities are of importance to younger people.

February 26, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Please complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one.