The restoration of old buildings in major cities throughout the world often involves numerous government expenditures. The money will bring more benefits if it is used to provide new housing or road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing The restoration of old buildings in major cities throughout the world often involves numerous government expenditures. The money will bring more benefits if it is used to provide new housing or road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• cp888
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: CHINA
    July 27, 2020 at 4:01 am

The restoration of old buildings in major cities throughout the world often involves numerous government expenditures. The money will bring more benefits if it is used to provide new housing or road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With the spreading of covid-19, the edifice of world’s economy is shaking. Almost every country’s central bank and treasury has used plenty of financial and economical tools to save the economy. The restoration of old building is one of these tools. In my personal opinion, I think it’s a better way than providing new house and road development in most places.

The restoration is not only a way to increase jobs, but also a method to improve some people’s life quality. As we know that, the people who lives in the old building is always those who are not very rich, they can’t afford to buy or rent a new house. With the help of government, they can live a better lives. Another reason to support the restoration is the cost. Compared to road development and providing new housing, the refurbishment of old building costs less but benefit more people. It use less raw material like concrete, irony things if just restoring the house and it even need not to design the house again, think about building’s spot and so on.

Obviously, each project need adjust measures to local condition. In my cities, I think the restoration is more significant for our citizen. But in some place, such as cities in northwest of China, most people of these areas need road to develop their economy and new housing to shelter more people.

In a conclusion, in developed places, I suggest that the restoration is a better way. On the contrary, in areas where are not rich, I am glad to give the advice that the local government should put more money in new housing and road development.

July 27, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Simplify language (words like edifice)
    2. Article errors
    3. Verb form errors
    4. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

cp888
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: CHINA
    July 28, 2020 at 12:23 am

With the spreading of COVID-19, the mansion of the world’s economy is shaking. Almost every country’s central bank and treasury has used plenty even a plethora of financial and fiscal tools to save the economy. The restoration of old buildings is one of these tools. In my personal opinion, it’s a better way than providing new house and road development in most districts.

The restoration is not only a way to increase jobs but also a method to improve some people’s life quality. As everyone knows, the people who live in the old building are always those who are not very rich, they can’t afford to buy or rent a well-decorated house. Only with the help of government and other charities, they can live better lives. Another reason to support the restoration is the cost. Compared to road development and providing new housing, the refurbishment of old buildings costs less but benefit more people. It uses less raw material like concrete, irony things if just restoring the house. It even does not need to design the building’s structures again, think about buildings’ spots, and so on.

Each project needs to adjust measures to local conditions. In my cities, restoration is more significant for our citizens. But in some places, such as cities in the northwest part of China, most people in these areas need the road to develop their economy and new housing to shelter more people.

In summary, in developed places, I suggest that restoration is a quite better way. On the contrary, in areas where are not rich, I am glad to advise that the local government should put more money on new housing and road development.

July 29, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Score: 68.1

With the spreading of COVID-19, the mansion (word choice error) of the world’s economy is shaking. Almost every country’s central bank and treasury has used plenty even a plethora of financial and fiscal tools to save the economy. The restoration of old buildings is one of these tools. In my personal opinion, it’s restoring old buildings is a better way (unclear – way to do what?) than providing new house and road development in most districts.

The restoration is not only a way (vary word choice) to increase jobs but also a method to improve some people’s quality of life life quality. As everyone knows, the people who live in the old buildings are always those who are not very rich, they can’t can not afford to buy or rent a well-decorated house. Only with the help of the government and other charities can they live better lives, they can live better lives. Another reason to support the restoration of old buildings is the cost. Compared to road development and providing new housing, the refurbishment of old buildings costs less but benefits more people. It uses less raw materials like concrete and irony things if just restoring the house. It even does not need to design the building’s structures again, think about buildings’ spots, and so on. (rephrase this sentence – unclear)

Each project needs to adjust measures (choose different word) to local conditions. In my cities, restoration is more significant for our citizens. But in some places, such as cities in the northwest part of China, most people in these areas need the road roads to develop their economy and new housing to shelter more people.

In summary, in developed places, I suggest that restoration is a quite better way. On the contrary, in poorer areas where are not rich, I am glad to advise that the local governments should put more money into on new housing and road development.