The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• flgeorge2014
    University: Guangzhou University
    Nationality: Chinese
    May 21, 2022 at 3:57 am

The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is often argued that societies should not impose rules on young people nowadays. Although I agree that it is reasonable to ask young people to follow some rules, I do not think that societies should expect young people to obey the strict rules.

On the one hand, I believe that societies can ask young people to obey some rules. Without rules, young people could easily be out of control. Because young people tend to be immature, self-centered, and reckless, sometimes they need some rules to follow. For example, young people could make mistakes when they are drunk, such as having sex without protection measures or having fights with others in bars. That is the reason why we set a rule asking people not to drink alcoholic liquids before they are 18 years old in Taiwan. Besides, many young people may feel that studying and going to schools are boring. But learning a variety of subjects helps teenagers develop a wide range of skills, such as problem-solving and reading and writing skills. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to expect young people to get educated.

On the other hand, I think that we should not set too strict rules for young people. It would hamper development of creativity. For instance, some great artists chose to use their own way to draw and paint, rather than followed the strict rules that are taught at schools. Moreover, we should not stick to strict rules since technological innovations change societies rapidly. For example, many experts argued that young people should not spend too much time on the Internet 10 year ago. However, people use the Internet to boost their productivity nowadays, including searching information, having virtual meetings, and preparing presentations.

In conclusion, while I support the view that we need some rules for young people to follow, but I do not think that societies should expect young people to obey strict rules nowadays.

May 21, 2022 at 3:06 pm

Invalid [Complete the revision of the other essay prior to working on this one.]