Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict

• Abandon2Zenith
    University: Xi’an Jiaotong University
    Nationality: China
    October 19, 2020 at 9:26 am

There are many rules in our society. For example, when reading in the library, readers are supposed to keep silent; when driving, drivers are supposed to follow transportation regulations. Most rules seem to be reasonable. However, in regard to young people, I think that the rules societies expect them to obey are too strict.

First, the rules for young people are always more strict than others. Some rules are even unreasonable and inflexible. For example, I remember when I was in high school, I always topped my class. Different with most good students, I was not the type of guy who got up early everyday. I like to sleep in the morning, because it could make me energetic and efficient for the whole day. However, my teachers and my parents were not satisfied with this habit. Almost everyone in society thought that students should get up early! It was unreasonable! Unfortunately, our class passed the rule that every student had to get up before 6:00 a.m..At the beginning, I could make it, but later, I always fell asleep in class. I was lack of sleep. Finally, my academic performance went worse. In the above example, the rule about wake-up time was too strict for young people. It led to a terrible result.

Abandon2Zenith
    University: Xi’an Jiaotong University
    Nationality: China
    October 19, 2020 at 9:27 am

What’s more,  young people have a lot of pressure now. Societies should not treat them too strictly. However, many people do not know that and still expect young people to obey strict rules. It is harmful to young people’s mental and physical health. For example, last winter, I interned in Shanghai. Traffic in Shanghai was very congested, so I had to spend about 2 hours on the subway. Besides 8 hours working, I also had to prepare for the GRE test for 3 hours every day. You can imagine how exhausted I was. However, there was a time I was asked to give my seat to an old man on the subway, because I was younger than him. I was very tired, but I cannot sleep for a while on the seat because I was young. It was unfair!  I cried on the spot! That’s why I think societies expect young people to follow too strict rules.

In sum, I agree with this statement for the following two reasons. First, some rules for young people are unreasonable and inflexible. Second, young people have a lot of pressure and need to be treated better.

October 19, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.