Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.

• Baerene
    University: Shanghai JiaoTong University
    Nationality: China
    February 23, 2020 at 8:44 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.

Young people are confined by numerous rules, being required to behave properly and study industriously. I regard most of the rules as well-grounded although some of them are too strict.

Young people are mandated to do a lot of things contrary to their wish on campus, both about life and study. For one thing, they are taught by their teachers to form good habits. That makes sense, since school children of that age can’t always distinguish right from wrongdoings. Therefore, it is incumbent upon the school to standardize their deeds. In my school, there exists a rule that we must do a thorough cleanup once every two weeks, however busy we are. Bothersome as it is, I do develop a habit to keep my surroundings clean, thus having a good health.

For another, rules tell the students how to achieve the best study result. Let’s compare study as a marathon, lasting for the whole life. Unlike the experienced teacher who have taught various students, even the most elite and diligent student may fall into the trap of being shortsighted, so they should be taught. Take myself as an example. All the first-year-student in my high school are mandated to practice calligraphy. At that time, I believed it more important to read masterworks, but it was such a rigorous rule that I had to obey. Consequently, despite the tedious experience, I luckily possessed a good handwriting when I graduated.

However, some of the rules are too strict, or even meaningless. These rules are often carried out without standing in youth’s shoes. When I was in senior high school, we were told that we must stay in the classroom during the self-study classes. Why can’t us study in the library is always beyond me. When I witnessed my classmates stopping reciting her texts even if it was urgent, I sadly concluded that the rule was set not wanting the students to study concentratedly, but the teachers to scrutinize us more conveniently.

In a nutshell, most of the rules are grounded to be followed though some of them requires polishing up.

February 24, 2020 at 2:54 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 40% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Baerene
    February 24, 2020 at 10:03 am

There are numerous rules that confine the students, requiring them to behave properly and study industriously. I regard most of the rules as well-grounded although some of them are too strict.

he school mandate youths to do a lot of things contrary to their wishes, both about life and study. For one thing, teacher tell them to form good habits. That makes sense, since school children of that age can’t always distinguish right from wrongdoings. Therefore, it is incumbent upon the school to standardize their deeds. In my school, there exists a rule that we must do a thorough cleanup once every two weeks, however busy we are. Bothersome as it is, I do develop a habit to keep my surroundings clean, thus being healthy.

For another, rules tell the students what to do to achieve the best study result. Let’s compare study as a marathon, lasting for the whole life. Unlike the experienced teacher who have taught various students, even the most elite and diligent student may fall into the trap of being shortsighted. So there should be rules. Take myself as an example. All the first-year-student in my high school are mandated to practice calligraphy. At that time, I believed it more important to read masterworks, but it was such a rigorous rule that I had to obey. Consequently, after the tedious training, I possessed a nice handwriting when I graduated.

However, some of the rules are too rigorous, or even meaningless. I bet those who designed these regulations haven’t ever stood in youth’s shoes. When I was in senior high school, we were told that we must stay in the classroom during the self-study classes. Why can’t I study in the library is always beyond me. When I witnessed my classmates stopping reciting her texts even if another teacher requires her to do so, I concluded that the rule was set not to cultivate the students, but to enable the teachers to scrutinize us more conveniently.

In a nutshell, most of the rules are grounded to be followed though some of them requires polishing up.

February 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm

Score: 74.6

Issues:

1. More than 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Baerene
    February 25, 2020 at 12:09 am

There are numerous rules that confine the students, requiring them to behave properly and study industriously. I regard most of the rules as well-grounded although some of them are too strict.

The school mandate youths to do a lot of things contrary to their wishes, both about life and study. For one thing, teacher tell them to form good habits. That makes sense, since school children of that age can’t always distinguish right from wrongdoings. Therefore, it is incumbent upon the school to standardize their deeds. In my school, there exists a rule that we must do a thorough cleanup once every two weeks, however busy we are. Bothersome as it is, I do develop a habit to keep my surroundings clean, thus being healthy.

For another, rules tell the students what to do to achieve the best study result. Let’s compare study as a marathon, lasting for the whole life. Unlike the experienced teacher who have taught various students, even the most elite and diligent student may fall into the trap of being shortsighted. So there should be rules. Take myself as an example. All the first-year-student in my high school are mandated to practice calligraphy. At that time, I believed it more important to read masterworks, but it was such a rigorous rule that I had to obey. Consequently, after the tedious training, I possessed a nice handwriting when I graduated.

However, some of the rules are too rigorous, or even meaningless. I bet those who designed these regulations haven’t ever stood in youth’s shoes. When I was in senior high school, we were told that we must stay in the classroom during the self-study classes. Why can’t I study in the library is always beyond me. When I witnessed my classmates stopping reciting her texts even if another teacher requires her to do so, I concluded that the rule was set not to cultivate the students, but to enable the teachers to scrutinize us more conveniently.

In a nutshell, most of the rules have every reason to be followed though some of them requires polishing up.

March 6, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Invalid [I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of your other essay.]