The tradition that the family gets together to eat meals is disappearing. What are the reasons? What are the impacts?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing The tradition that the family gets together to eat meals is disappearing. What are the reasons? What are the impacts?

• GUANQIANYUN
    University: 武汉大学
    Nationality: 中国
    April 10, 2020 at 6:03 am

The tradition that the family gets together to eat meals is disappearing. What are the reasons? What are the impacts?

The frequency of people having meals with family members is decreasing dramatically due to lack of time. This trend may damage the relationship between family members and reduce the sense of satisfaction in the whole society.

The main reason why the amount of times of enjoying a feast together with family for citizens decreases is that they spend most of their time working and have limited time to eat meals. The competition in workplaces is become increasingly intensive as more and more people migrate into megacity. People are afraid of losing their jobs, so they have business trips, run meetings frequently and work to late every day. The time they spent on eating is restricted, so they normally eat fast food alone to save time. Meanwhile, eating with family normally costs a lot of time as they have to prepare foods by themselves.

One problem of the reducing time of eating together with family members is that the family bonding may be damaged. In Asian countries, traditionally, having lunches is regarded as a way to develop family relationship and improve their understanding of each other for a family as they communicate their ideas, life and work during lunch time. The reducing time of having meals also means that the opportunity for a family to boost their ties is lost. Without family support, people may feel a sense of loneness and isolation. When family relationship is ignored, the happiness of the whole society will have a drop as they cannot celebrate their success and talk about their difficulties with their parents and other relatives during meal time. Members of the society are unable to live a happy and satisfying life.

In conclusion, people skip family meals in order to adapt to the competitive working world, but this can be a challenge to family relationship as well as the level of society happiness.

April 10, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

April 10, 2020 at 1:15 pm

I have sent you WeChat invitation. Please add mine. Let me know I have not sent the screenshots to you after you add my WeChat.

GUANQIANYUN
    University: 武汉大学
    Nationality: 中国
    April 12, 2020 at 5:48 am

The frequency of people having meals with family members is decreasing dramatically due to a lack of time. This trend may damage the family relationship and reduce the sense of satisfaction in the whole society.

Heavy workload and hectic working schedules are major causes of this trend. The competition in workplaces is becoming increasingly intensive as more and more people migrate into megacities. People who are afraid of losing their jobs have business trips, run meetings frequently and work late every day to improve the trust of employers and retain work. Tremendous working pressure restrict the time they spend on family activities including enjoying a rich dinner, which may consumes a lot of time as they have to prepare food by themselves.

One problem of the reducing numbers of family meals is that the family bonding may be damaged. In Asian countries, traditionally, having lunches is regarded as a way to develop a harmonious family relationship and improve mutual understanding between family members as they can communicate their ideas, life and work during dinner time. A decline in family meals means that the opportunity for a family to boost their ties is lost. Without family support, people may feel a sense of loneness and isolation. The happiness of the whole society will have a drop as they cannot celebrate their success and talk about their difficulties with their parents and other relatives, When a family relationship is disappearing, Members of the society are unable to live a happy and satisfying life.

In conclusion, people skip family meals in order to adapt to the competitive working world, but this can be a challenge to a family relationship as well as the level of social happiness.

April 14, 2020 at 3:13 am

Score: 48.3

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: