To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.

• Mr. Tian
    University: The University of Shiffield
    Nationality: China
    February 6, 2022 at 1:57 pm

To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.

In term of how to be an effective leader, I argue that the highest ethical and moral standards are not the main qualities for leaders. While leaders with acknowledged reputation are able to save the cost of communication with the public and to increase solidarity among people, people with other qualities could also be a competent conductor and in some cases, the ethical and moral standards are not event important for being an efficient leader.

To begin with, I think it is reasonable to recognize that a public official should have the highest ethical and moral standards. Since the public is likely to have more confidence with the leader who seemly has the highest ethical and moral standards, it is possible to reduce communication costs and improve cohesion. For example, Zhou Enlai, who was the first Chinese Prime Minister, has great reputation amount Chinese. The policies that were acclaimed by Mr. Zhou were easily to be accepted by the public, even though some of policies were controversial and unable to see the benefit to Chinese citizens at that time but had profit in the future. In this case, Zhou’s reputation from his widely recognized ethical and moral standards helped folks to avoid long-time arguments in congress and to divide the dissident population. In short, that a public official has the highest ethical and moral standards has positive effects that cannot be ignored.

However, I believe that effective leadership is not necessarily just because of the highest ethical and moral standards. The reason is that effective leadership may include many other qualities or elements such as the ability to make bonus system or leaders’ backgrounds. For instance, Bill Gates established one of the greatest computer companies in the world – Microsoft. He dropped off from Harvard when he was an undergraduate and created his career with his parents’ investment, suggestions and relationships in business area. As a result, Mr. Gates has been succeeded and there is no doubt that his parents’ support forged him to become an effective company creator. To sum up, if people want to become capable leaders, other elements are also possible to qualify them to be.

Additionally, I recognized that even a leader has a notorious reputation, this person could still be an excellent leader. Due to the core of leadership is the ability to bring positive effects to the public, personal ethical and moral standards are likely not crucial. Take British politician Churchill as an example, he abused drugs and had rumours with a lot of women; many people doubted his leadership at the beginning of his tenure. However, because of his presentation in parliament, he inspired British ordinary people and soldiers to recatch the confidence to win during the second world war and  British army with Allied forces eventually defeated Nazi. Therefore, Churchill’s quality that is able to give the public positive prospect verified his leadership. To conclude, sometimes personal reputation may not the key for leaders to be effective.

(not ending…)

February 6, 2022 at 4:02 pm

Please restrict your essay to 400 words. We don’t have the time resource to work on a lengthy essay.

Mr. Tian
    University: The University of Shiffield
    Nationality: China
    February 7, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Thank you for your suggestion. I will do it in the next Issue writing.

February 15, 2022 at 3:07 pm

Ok.