To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

• NHN
    University: Shenzhen University
    Nationality: China
    July 29, 2020 at 3:09 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

With societies developing, the quality of education is now highly emphasized and universities spare no effort to improve it. However, without correct direction, it’s pretty likely to make no any sense eventually. From my perspective, spending more money on salaries for university professors is of considerable significance on improving the quality of education.

Obviously, excellent professors always value pretty much. As a result, costing more money to hire well-known professors is one of the most efficient ways to improve the quality of education immediately. What’s more, because of the famous professors, students are more willing to listen to them carefully and accumulate more knowledges, which is the standard of the quality of education.

Moreover, with higher salaries, professors are able to and would love to pay more attention to their teaching. For instance, my geography teacher in high school, who was young with little deposits, was usually distracted by worries on living and his family, which affected the quality of hisclasses. Things changed at one day that our school determined to spend more salaries for teachers. After that, the quality of his classes makes an apparent and great progress soon. Therefore, I believe that higher salaries can encourage professors to concentrate on their quality of teaching to some extent.

Addtionally, if universities disagree with the proposal, it’s sure that the quality of education is difficult to improve. Without higher salaries, not only universities have no advantage to compete with other colleges for outstanding professors, but also it remains possibility that excellent professors might be hired to another university because of high salaries. Meanwhile, other professors in universities will be reluctant to work hard for low salaries and thus even decrease their quality of teaching.

Although there are many other methods to improve the quality of education, professors play the most important role in education as they directly impart knowledges to students. All in all, I agree with the statement that universities should pay higher to professors to improve the quality of education.

July 30, 2020 at 2:41 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Article errors
    2. Singular versus plural errors
    3. Preposition errors
    4. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    5. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

NHN
    University: Shenzhen University
    Nationality: China
    July 30, 2020 at 8:30 am

Nowadays, in order to improve the quality of education, universities take a variety of methods into account. From my perspective, rising professors’ salaries is of significance for perfecting the quality of education.

First of all, professors who guarantee for high quality of education are always worthy for high salaries. In other words, paying more to hire excellent professors would enable the quality of education in universities to be increased efficiently. What’s more, students would be willing to listen to professors carefully, which improves their learning ability.

Moreover, with higher salaries, professors would love to pay more attention to their teaching. Take my geography teacher for example. When I was in high school, he was young with little deposits. Due to low salaries and heavy financial stress, he had to be a private teacher for students off campus to earn extra living expenses. Hence, ensuing decreasing of his teaching quality occurred. However, things changed in one day that our school determined to pay more salaries to teachers. After that, the quality of his classes made progress apparently. Thus, there’s no doubt that higher wages would motivate professors to emphasize their teaching quality.

Additionally, it would be difficult for universities to improve the quality of education if they are unwilling to spend more money. Without higher salaries, not only do universities have no advantages to compete with other colleges in terms of outstanding professors, but also it remains possibilities that their own prominent professors might be hired by other universities. Meanwhile, low salaries may lead to professors’ reluctance on teaching, which may decrease the teaching quality.

Undoutedly, there are many other methods to improve the quality of education. Whereas I believe that professors play the most vital roles in education, because they directly impart wisdom to students. Overall, I agree with the statement that universities giving professors a pay rise can improve the quality of education.

July 30, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Score: 45.9

Nowadays, in order to improve the quality of education, universities take a variety of methods [ measures ]into account. From my perspective, rising [ wrong word ]professors’ salaries is of significance for perfecting [ use a verb ]the quality of education.

First of all, professors (who guarantee for)[ unclear ] high quality of education are always [ absolute statement ]worthy for high salaries. In other words, paying more to hire excellent[change word  ] professors would enable (the quality of education)[repetition  ] in universities to be increased efficiently. What’s more, students would be willing to listen to professors carefully, which improves their learning ability[poor logical connection from the last sentence  ].

Moreover, with higher salaries, professors would love to pay more attention to their teaching. Take my geography teacher (for example)[check its correct use  ]. When I was in high school, he [ He ]was young with little deposits. Due to low salaries and heavy financial stress, he had to (be)[change to a verb  ] a (private teacher)[incorrect use  ] for students off campus[dangling phrase  ] to earn (extra living expenses)[  wrong]. Hence, ensuing decreasing[word form error  ] of his teaching quality occurred. However, things changed in one day that [ unclear pronoun ]our school (determined) [ check how to use this word corrected ]to (pay more salaries to teachers)[check correct use  ]. After that, the (quality of his classes made progress)[ confusing ] apparently. (Thus, there’s no doubt that)[  poor connection from the last sentence] higher wages would motivate professors to emphasize their teaching quality.

Additionally, it would be difficult for universities to improve the quality of education if they are [ grammatical error/subjunctive ]unwilling to spend more money. Without higher salaries, not only do [ would ] universities have no [lose the  ] advantages to compete with other colleges in terms of outstanding professors, but also it remains possibilities that their own prominent professors might [ also ]be hired by other universities. Meanwhile, low salaries may lead to [remaining  ]professors’ reluctance on teaching [ lack of devotion ], which may decrease the teaching quality.

Undoutedly, there are many other methods to improve the quality of education. Whereas [, but  ]I believe that professors play the most vital roles [ matter the most ]in education, because they directly impart wisdom to students. Overall, I agree with the statement that universities giving professors a [professors’  ]pay rise can improve the quality of education.