Today, there is less communication between family members than in the past. What has caused this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Today, there is less communication between family members than in the past. What has caused this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

• Sponge
    Nationality: China
    June 17, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Today, there is less communication between family members than in the past. What has caused this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

Family members are less likely to talk to others nowadays even when they all stay at home. We can find reasons in the development of social life.

From my point of view, there are at least two reasons. Firstly, young adults are facing strong life pressure, which takes them much more time to work. They tend to overwork to earn more money to raise the family. For example, a teacher has to spend lots of time to prepare for lessons instead of playing with children in order to perform better than his colleagues. The competition of workforce takes most of young people’s attention, thus they cannot care for their family membership as much as before.

Secondly, high-tech appliances have taken up more and more time, which was used to spend with family members. Hooked by technological machines, people are prone to immerge themselves in their own worlds. For instance, young people usually could not help playing latest computer games in free time, while senior citizens would love to go through news in intelligent mobile phones. Gradually, the time used to share with families disappears.

I suppose that this phenomenon is totally a negative development. People can feel helpless and lonely because of the lack of communication within a family. Home is somewhere offers you sense of happiness and supports when you get into a dilemma. Children reliance parents to grow healthy and parents enjoy a happy life when companying by their kids. However, if everyone in the house concentrates on their own business and keep silence, it can do harm to their relationships and their mental health.

In conclusion, living stress and technological machines take up the time should belong to families, and I think this is a bad trend which should be noticed.

Tagged: