Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

• waldobear
    University: Michigan State University
    Nationality: China
    April 3, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

From my perspective, I disagree with the statement that workers are more satisfied doing different type of tasks than doing similar task during workday. People obtain sense of satisfaction by the accomplishment after they had done things well rather than the amounts of different work type. I have two arguments to support my statement.

My first argument is that people can always feel satisfied when they do one thing well. For example, when I was in college, I took lots of mathematics courses as my electives. I always felt motivated because I was so good at it. My better grade than others gave me the sense of accomplishment that I can do better than majority of my classmates in mathematics. My personal experience tells that although the work people done is similar and repetitive, still they can be satisfied.

My second argument is that people do different type of tasks during workday requires more time and effort in studying. While, people have limited strength to handle different types of tasks in a given time. For example, there was one semester during my college career that I had taken different subjects that I was not familiar with. However, as a result, I did not feel satisfied because I got a worse overall grade comparing to my previous grade. During that semester, there were courses that involved significant reading materials which exerted me. In the end, I did not spend equivalent time on every course, and I got bad scores in some courses. This story tells that people might not feel satisfied when they find themselves incapable of doing different types of work well.

In conclusion, doing different type work is really helpful to get better knowledge of different areas but it does not always make people satisfied. Instead, I believe that workers will be more satisfied if they spend time doing limited types of work which they are familiar with and good at.

April 9, 2020 at 1:12 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Three consecutive sentences start with the same word.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.