TPO 75 discussion writing: Please share your opinions with the class on this question before our next class: is it justified for governments to require citizens to wear safety gears like safety belts and helmets?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing TPO 75 discussion writing: Please share your opinions with the class on this question before our next class: is it justified for governments to require citizens to wear safety gears like safety belts and helmets?

• sparkle
    University: -
    Nationality: China
    October 3, 2023 at 3:14 pm

While I can see Claire’s point that requiring every individual to take methods to ensure their safety is a violation of people’s freedom, I align with Paul’s perspective that it is dominant to keep citizens from traffic accidents. As Paul has mentioned, implementing traffic safety tactics can distract urban residents from hurting by mass transits, combustion engine vehicles, and thus put both the passengers, the drivers, and their families as beneficiaries; however, no regulations be adopted to secure an individual safety increase the likelihood of tragedies. Apart from what Paul has raised, I add that not only the policies can reduce the possibility of car accidents, but they will also increase the caution of drivers and passengers when crossing a street or crossroad, thus leading to a more harmonious environment; on the contrary, never would the drivers and passengers pay attention to the road conditions if there are no regulations. Therefore, it is undeniable that when available, the governors should be accountable for the citizens’s safety by enacting new policies involving public traffic.