TPO29 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing TPO29 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• yaozhirui001
    University: Peking University
    Nationality: China
    January 27, 2021 at 2:02 am

The question of how to motivate children to study is always a hot issue, and regarding that problem, I hold a view that giving money to their kids when they get good grades is not a good idea.

To begin with, children may misunderstand the purpose of education and get high scores at any cost. This is because children of school-age have not formed a set of moral values and they may use some dishonest means to get their parents’ reward. For example, when I was a pupil in primary school, my deskmate’s parents set a rule that if he gets a score over 80, he could get 10 yuan for that. To get a higher score, he began to cheat on every exam. Firstly, he brought some papers about exams, then he checked answers with other students, finally, he used the money to buy answers from students who study very well. In this way, this method doesn’t encourage kids to study hard but encourages cheating behavior and improper use of money.

Moreover, students may spend money in bad ways. They may buy video games or go to an internet cafe, which is harmful to their long-term development. Take one of my classmates as an example, he used to be a good student, and his family gives money for his good grades every time. But he doesn’t know how to use the money properly. He buys plenty of games on the Internet which he plays at home and a PS4 which he plays at school. Then he becomes addicted to games and his grades fall quickly. So, we can see that if parents neglect the monitoring of their children’s savings and give them money, it may cause tragedies despite their good purpose.

Admittedly, some people may concern that connecting money with good grades can motivate their kids to pay more attention to their work. However, I don’t think the reward must be money, instead, the reward can be many things which are more beneficial for children’s development, such as an interesting book, a trip to the countryside.

January 27, 2021 at 2:05 am

Please submit your complete essay and add my WeChat account.

Tagged: