• katexia
    University: Xuzhou University
    Nationality: Chinese
    December 14, 2020 at 3:56 pm

Should television advertising for young kids be prohibited? Personally, I agree with that consideration. I feel this way for several reasons, which I will explain in the following essay.

To begin with, advertising directed towards children can be harmful. As we usually see, the TV commercial for children are always filled with colorful and stimulating elements, and many of them are exaggerating in expression. According to research results from psychologists, too many strong visual stimulations are not good for children’s mental health. So many colorful and animated scenes may cause sleep difficulty for children. They may cause damage to children’s health unconsciously. In fact, many of us have the experience of hard to go to sleep after watching some animations, that will also happen to the children who watch too many thrilling advertisements.

Moreover, the products in the advertisement may not benefit children in many aspects. Basically, most children directed advertisements are about the products that can be attractive to children but not healthy at all. For instance, the most frequent TV commercials we can see are those of candies, toys, or snacks. Everyone knows that candies and snacks are not good for children’s health. Some of the toys may also occupy too much time from children and therefore reduce their time for playing outdoors, which may be more healthy for children. But the reality is, all the children will be attracted or even addicted to those products after seeing those advertisements.

Admittedly, some advertisements for children can be interesting or even educational. Indeed some advertisements are well designed and with high artistic quality. However, advertisements that can meet this standard are rare. Generally, most advertisements of this type do not consider these features and will just concentrate on the purpose of selling products to children, no matter what methods they take.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that forbidding television advertisements towards children can be an advantageous measure for children. This will avoid harmful visual stimulation to children, and can also have the children to focus on healthier food and games.

December 14, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Invalid. Complete the revision of your first essay prior to submitting another.