Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries. However, other people think that it is not necessary to travel abroad because all the information can be seen on TV, and the Internet.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries. However, other people think that it is not necessary to travel abroad because all the information can be seen on TV, and the Internet.

• Cai YongQi
    University: Xiamen University
    Nationality: China
    November 16, 2019 at 3:06 pm

IELTS Task 2: Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries. However, other people think that it is not necessary to travel abroad because all the information can be seen on TV, and the Internet. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In recent years, it is not surprising that going abroad become a more and more popular trend for public. There exists a heated debate whether take time to experience the true environment on other countries is better than getting information from mass media. In my own view, I stand with the people who support absorbing knowledges from modern media.

For one thing, a small part of people has the thought that going abroad to the foreign countries perhaps is a not bad method to learn other countries’ culture. The reason is that visitors can contact with the resident through communication and taste the snakes by their mouth. Nonetheless, it is undeniable that traveling abroad is really expensive for most people and the time in the trip is not enough for visitors to obtain information. In addition, for most ordinary employees and students, they cannot afford the traveling fees. As a result, having an oversea travel is not a common choice.

For another, there is no doubt that everyone can use the convenient media to study the foreign culture and something else. Chiefly, with the population of the smartphone and laptop, people can get thousands of information from the internet in a short time. For example, the photos of the famous view spots, the local history of the town and even the community ceremony can be searched through the web browser. What’s more, this measure makes study process more convenient and flexible. That means the users have the capacity to make a freer schedule and study in any places such as home.

In summary, learning on TV or internet has more benefits than by traveling abroad due to the above discussion. In my own view, we can choice the mass media for the main learning method.

November 20, 2019 at 5:25 pm

Score: 64.1

Issues:

• More than 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split most of them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.