Do you agree or disagree with the statement: University students should be required to take basic science classes even if they are not part of the field of the study.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the statement: University students should be required to take basic science classes even if they are not part of the field of the study.

• Schrodininglish
    University: Jilin University
    Nationality: Jilin University
    January 14, 2020 at 4:14 am

Do you agree or disagree with the statement: University students should be required to take basic science classes even if they are not part of the field of the study.

I firmly believe that students shouldn’t take basic science classes. It is mainly because having basic science classes is negatively influential in both students’ learning in majors and all-round development.

Initially, taking basic science classes impairs university students’ study in major. In the first place, basic science classes are usually difficult for most students, such as complex physical theories and complicated chemical reactions. These difficulties daunt uncountable students and dampen their study enthusiasm for study in basic science as well as in their majors. Besides, not everyone likes basic science classes. Obliging students to learn basic science classes causes nothing but students’ dislike for study. The boredom to basic science classes will spread over students’ major courses, a deline in the interest in these courses.

In addition, taking basic science classes affects students’ all-round development. In order to achieve all-round development, students should have time to do extracurricular activities, including participating in club events, doing a spell of internship and volunteering for the community. Taking basic science classes, they need to spend time preparing for class, reviewing lectures, and accomplishing homework, which encroaches on their time spent in extracurricular activities. For example, in my sophomore year, without basic science classes, I had more spare time on the school basketball team, academic conferences, and parties. In these social occasions, I learned to communicate efficiently and humorously with others, and befriended with a bunch of people.

Admittedly, a voice rises that basic science classes can expand students’ horizons, and thus school should ask students to have basic science classes. Nevertheless, the alleged benefit  is based on the assumption that learners are willing to learn basic science classes. In fact, the research conducted by a well-known Chinese educational institution showed that just a few of interviewees had some interest in basic science classes. Therefore, it is an unrealistic idea that basic science classes can widen students’ vision.

In a nutshell, considering that taking basic science classes are negatively influential in students’ majors and all-round development, I firmly believe that students should not be required to take basic science classes.

January 14, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Score: 46.7

Issues:

1. About 45% of the sentences contain 20+ words. Shorten/split them.
    2. The optimal length of a TOEFL essay is 280-320 words. Shorten it to 320- words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Schrodininglish
    University: Jilin University
    Nationality: Jilin University
    January 15, 2020 at 12:54 am

I firmly believe that students shouldn’t take basic science classes. It is because having basic science classes impairs both students’ major courses and all-round development.

Initially, taking basic science classes impairs university students’ study in major. Basic science knowledge is usually difficult for most students, such as complex physical theories and complicated chemical reactions. These difficulties daunt students and dampen their study enthusiasm for study in basic science as well as in their majors. Besides, not everyone likes basic science classes. Forcing students to learn basic science classes causes nothing but students’ dislike for study. The boredom of basic science classes will spread over students’ major courses.

In addition, taking basic science classes affects students’ all-round development. To achieve comprehensive development, students should have time on extracurricular activities, including participating in club events and doing a spell of an internship. Taking basic science classes inevitably encroaches on students’ time, since students need to prepare for class, review lectures, and accomplish homework. As a result, less spare time leaves students for extracurricular activities. For example, in my sophomore year, without basic science classes, I had more spare time on the school basketball team, academic conferences, and parties. In the process, I learned to communicate efficiently with other people and befriended with a bunch of people.

Admittedly, a voice rises that basic science classes can expand students’ horizons, and thus school should ask students to have basic science classes. Nevertheless, in fact, the research conducted by a well-known Chinese educational institution showed that just a few interviewees had some interest in basic science classes. Therefore, without students’ interest in basic science, basic science classes cannot widen the student’s vision.

In a nutshell, considering that taking basic science classes is detrimental to students’ majors and all-round development, I firmly believe that students should not be required to take basic science classes.

January 15, 2020 at 3:37 pm

Score: 47.8

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences contain 20+ words. Shorten/split them. I will get back to you with a detailed revision shortly.
    January 17, 2020 at 12:06 am

I firmly believe that students shouldn’t [separate contraction] take basic science classes. It is because having basic science classes impairs both students’ major courses and all-round [spelling] development.

Initially, taking basic science classes impairs university students’ study in [insert possessive pronoun] major. Basic science knowledge is usually difficult for most students, such as complex physical theories and complicated chemical reactions [ wrong sentence position  ]. These difficulties daunt students and dampen their study [remove word] enthusiasm for study [verb tense] in basic science as well as in their majors. Besides, not everyone likes basic science classes. Forcing students to learn basic science classes causes nothing but students’ dislike for study [noun form]. The boredom of basic science classes will spread over students’ major courses.

In addition, taking basic science classes affects students’ all-round [spelling] development. To achieve comprehensive development, students should have time on [preposition error] extracurricular activities, including participating in club events and doing a spell [change word] of an internship. Taking basic science classes inevitably encroaches on students’ time, since students need to prepare for class, review lectures, and accomplish [change word] homework. As a result, less spare time leaves students for extracurricular activities [rephrase sentence]. For example, in my sophomore year, without basic science classes, I had more spare time on [preposition error] the school basketball team, academic conferences, and parties. In the process, I learned to communicate efficiently with other people and befriended with [remove preposition] a bunch of people.

Admittedly, a voice rises that basic science classes can expand students’ horizons, and thus school [noun form] should ask students to have [change verb] basic science classes. Nevertheless, in fact, the research conducted by a well-known Chinese educational institution showed that just a few interviewees had some interest in basic science classes. Therefore, without students’ interest in basic science, basic science classes cannot widen the student’s vision [change word].

In a nutshell, considering that taking basic science classes is detrimental to students’ majors and all-round [spelling] development, I firmly believe that students should not be required to take basic science classes.