All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

• Lexie0206
    University: 高中生
    Nationality: 中国
    January 29, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As the saying goes,”When we look back on history, we can adjust ourselves to better prepare for the future.” Recently, there has been a heated discussion about whether to make history courses a compulsory lesson for university students to take. From my point of view, I thinks the action isn’t necessary.

It can’t be denied that history played a critical part in our cultural life. From a country’s history, we can see all the difficulties it overcomes. What a civilization has experienced will turn into an invisible power to its further development. However, I still holds the opinion that the disadvantages outweighs its advantages.

Above all, university students have already learned a lot about history during high school. History is one of the subjects tin the national college entering examination, which means before we are admitted into a university, we have already had 12 years’ of history education. I think it’s enough for common students. Most of students who are truly interested in history will choose history-related major in university for further study.

Besides, history courses needs much remembering work. Before we learn the inside logic associations, which requires a long time of studying, we must spend much time reciting lots of things like when an event happened, why a war broke out and stuff like that. It will be really annoying for students who already have lots of studying tasks about their major to accomplish, especially for students who major in science. One of my high school classmates chose science as her major in the university largely due to her doing bad in reciting and got bad score in Politics and History. She is not alone, there are many people forced to choose science because of this.

In a nutshell, I’m on the side of not making history courses as a compulsory lesson for university students to take.

January 30, 2020 at 3:28 am

Score: 56.4

Issues:

1. Nearly 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Reduce the percentage to 20%- by shortening/splitting them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Lexie0206
    University: 高中生
    Nationality: 中国
    January 30, 2020 at 8:48 am

As the saying goes,” When we look back on history, we can adjust ourselves to better prepare for the future.” Recently, there has been a heated discussion about whether to make history courses a compulsory lesson for university students to take. From my point of view, I think the action isn’t necessary.

The critical part history plays in our cultural life can never be denied. From a country’s history, we can see all the difficulties it overcomes. What civilization has experienced will turn into an invisible power to its further development. However, I still holds the view that the disadvantages outweigh its advantages.

Above all, university students have already learned a lot about history during high school. History is one of the subjects in the national college entering examination. Before we enter a university, we have already had 12 years’ history education. I think it’s enough for common students. Most of students who are truly interested in history will choose history-related majors in university for further study.

Besides, history courses need much remembering work. Before we learn the inside logic associations, which requires a long time of studying, we must spend much time reciting lots of things. For instance, when did Cultural Revolution happen? Why did World War Two break out? It will be annoying for students who already have lots of studying tasks about their major to accomplish. One of my high school classmates chose science as her major in the university mainly due to her doing poor in reciting which resulted in bad scores in Politics and History. She is not alone. There are many people forced to choose science because of the same reason.

In a nutshell, I’m on the side of not making history courses as a compulsory lesson for university students to take.

February 1, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Score: 59.3

As the saying goes,” When [ word form error ] we look back on history, we can adjust ourselves to better prepare for the future.” Recently, there has been a heated discussion about whether to make history courses a compulsory lesson for university students (to take) [redundant  ] . From my point of view, I think the action isn’t necessary.

The critical part history plays in our cultural life can never be denied. From a country’s history, we can see all the difficulties it overcomes [tense error  ] . What civilization has experienced will turn into an invisible power to its further development. However, I still holds [word form error  ] the view that the disadvantages outweigh its advantages.

Above all, university students have already learned a lot about history during high school. History is one of the subjects in the national college entering examination. Before we enter a university, we have already had 12 years’ history education. I think it’s enough for common students. Most of [ article error ] students who are truly interested in history will choose history-related majors in university for further study.

Besides, history courses need much remembering work. Before we learn the inside logic associations, which requires a long time of studying, we must spend much/a lot of time reciting lots of things. For instance, when did [ article error ] Cultural Revolution happen? Why did World War Two break out? It will be annoying for students who already have lots of studying tasks about their major to accomplish. One of my high school classmates chose science as her major in the university mainly due to her doing poor [word form error  ] in reciting [ punctuation error ] which resulted in bad scores in Politics and History. She is not alone. There are many people forced [ grammatical error ] to choose science because of the same reason.