Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.

• CrapBag
    University: United International College(ZHU HAI)
    Nationality: china
    April 13, 2022 at 4:08 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.

Many people may consider visiting local museums as the first thing when they arrive in a new country. It’s also a fact that those famous museums are always crowded with visitors. However, I don’t think visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country for most countries.

To begin with, the collections in museums usually need the visitor to have some level of background knowledge. Most museums focus on history and culture. A history professor maybe feels in heaven while visiting British Museum. But for those ordinary people who have little interest in history and culture, they won’t get as much fun or knowledge. After all, what showed in museums is generally selected for educated groups. How can someone who has never heard of impressionism enjoy the painting of Van Gogh?

Besides, the image of a country presented by museums is lifeless. Knowing a country through museums is just like knowing somebody through photography. You may know something about this person through photography, but it will never be as good as meeting someone face to face. Maybe it’s more effective to learn about a country through museums, but you are not facing the actual existence of this country. People should get more experience than bare information to learn about a country.

Museum is the perfect place to spend time alone or with a friend. I love visiting all kinds of museums on weekends. But when I travel to a new country that I want to learn about, I will go to local markets to see the most popular goods there and have some dishes in some local restaurants. These are all better ways to learn about a country than visiting museums.

April 16, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Many people may consider visiting local museums as the first thing when they arrive in a new country. It’s also a fact that those famous museums are always crowded with visitors. However, I don’t think visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country for most countries.

To begin with, the [ appreciating  ]collections in museums usually need[  requires ] the visitor to have[/possess   ] some level of background knowledge. Most[ Since most  ] museums focus on history and culture. A [, a   ]history professor maybe feels[ grammatical error  ] in heaven[ use literal writing  ] while visiting[  article error ] British Museum. But for those ordinary people who have little interest in history and culture, they won’t get as much fun or knowledge. After all, what[grammatical error   ] showed in museums is generally selected for educated groups. How can someone who has never heard of impressionism enjoy the painting of Van Gogh?

Besides, the image of a country presented by museums is lifeless. Knowing a country through museums is just like knowing somebody through photography. You may know something about this person through photography, but it will never be as good as meeting someone face to face. Maybe it’s more effective to learn about a country through museums, but you are not facing the actual existence of this country. People [ As such, people  ]should get more experience than bare information to learn about a country.

Museum [  Nevertheless, museum ]is the perfect place to spend time alone or with a friend. I love visiting all kinds of museums on weekends. But when I travel to a new country that [and   ]I want to learn about [  it ], I will[ /would  ] go to local markets to see the most popular goods there and have some dishes in some local restaurants. These are all better ways to learn about a country than visiting museums.

April 16, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Final revision