What is the most useful action for people to help the environment?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing What is the most useful action for people to help the environment?

• yvonne3198
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    December 20, 2019 at 3:05 pm

What is the most useful action for people to help the environment?

With the rapid development of modern society, improving living surroundings has become a hot-debated topic among the public. Some people call for banning local shops from stopping providing plastic bags for people, while others believe that the most useful way is to increase the use of public transportation. However, I think that planting trees and creating parks are the most effective ways to make the environment better.

First, planting trees and building parks will solve some environmental problems. Today, air quality plays a crucial role in environment evaluation. People suffer from smog, car exhaust, and gas from burning fossil fuels. Based on this situation, only by planting trees and creating parks can people improve air quality and breath fresh air. I believe if a city could plant 30 percent more trees than now, then the air will be much better. Similarly, if a city could create more than ten public parks for the masses, the overall air quality would increase by 40 percent than now. Thus, the number of trees and parks is a key determinant of a habitable environment since it is essential to air quality.

Second, both persuading shops to stop offering plastic bags and increasing the use rate of public transportation have some disadvantages. As for the former, just because retailers should stop providing does not mean that they must do it. For instance, after stopping using plastic bags, stores have to provide another kind of container, like paper bags. However, if the cost of the alternative bag is higher than the original one, managers will hesitate to adopt the new solution. Then, the environment will bot be better. As for the latter, for fear of possible inconvenience, like being late for school or work, people may deliberately avoid taking public transportation. Therefore, due to the high dependence on people’s subjective willing, these two methods are not likely to efficiently work since they are not mandatory.

To sum up, I believe that the most effective way to create a better living environment is to plant trees and build new parks as it will improve air quality.

December 20, 2019 at 6:28 pm

I will not work on this essay until you finish the revision of the other one you submitted.