When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more efficiently than when they are asked to work alone on projects. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more efficiently than when they are asked to work alone on projects. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• chongxiaoguai5288
    University: Fudan
    Nationality: South Korea
    September 12, 2022 at 12:50 pm

When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more efficiently than when they are asked to work alone on projects. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In school, teacher may assign different forms of tasks to students in order to cultivate their capability of learning. Some prefer projects for students to work together, others are in favor of the projects that allow students to work alone. From my perspective, I am convinced that working alone can actually improve the efficiency of learning.

Group work is a time-consuming staff which may require students to waste a lot of time in communicating and compromising. A lot of discussions may contain some tedious and helpless contents such as the distribution of the workload, the disagreement on a certain idea and so on. For example, I needed to do a project regarding the economic development of China with my classmates. We have 5 days to prepare for the presentation. However, our groups spent 3  days arguing which aspects we were supposed to cover, and another one day distributing the workload. In the end, only one day was left for our rehearsal. The discussion within a group sometimes is a  time-consuming staff, with nothing good to the improvement of the efficiency of learning.

Furthermore, owing to the different levels of the command of knowledge, it’s really tough to improve all the people’s learning efficiency by just ordering them to work as a group. Students are not able to establish a useful discussion together since they don’t have the same basis of knowledge. Here is an example in this point. When I was doing group work in my microeconomics lesson, I was initially delighted to discuss and exchange insights with my classmates. However, I failed to do it because my classmates were not so familiar with certain aspects that it took me a long time to explain something I had already know well to them. Thus, I have been reluctant to the group work.

To sum up, I am  convinced that only through working alone can students learn more efficiently because the discussions in a group really consume students’ energies and time, and students with different knowledge command can hardly learn together and help each other.

September 12, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Please add my WeChat and remind me of your essay’s URL.