Which is more efficient, working alone on projects or work as a group?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which is more efficient, working alone on projects or work as a group?

• Natalia Lim
    University: China University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: China
    February 4, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Which is more efficient, working alone on projects or work as a group?

Myriads of assignments require multi-facet insights into subjects, 24/7 self-discipline numerous sparks of creativity. Working solo normally stifles students to interact with their peers and miss the opportunity to exchange ideas. I firmly believe it is more efficient for students to adopt teamwork when teachers assign intelligent-stimulating projects, rather than solve problems by locking themselves behind a door.

Cooperating with teammates serves as an impetus for students to follow their calendars and finish projects before the deadline. Nowadays, distractions cannot be seen in nowhere when teenagers face a wealth of workloads. For instance, many social animals cannot separate from sorority gatherings and endless theme parties, even though they are aware of the responsibility to finish academic tasks on time. Thus, handling a project with teammates rings a bell to remind them of a certain part of the work they are supposed to carry out, then encourage them to be focused on homework, clarify the obstacle of troubleshooting with classmates productively.

Moreover, projects assigned by teachers may be challenging and time-consuming, especially when people set foot in a prestigious university. A review of a thought-provoking book cannot be written in a short period without the brainstorm of a couple of students. For instance, my sociology professor always sent students emails attached with readings and expect us to hand over a well-analyzed essay as well as having a presentation within a week. Fortunately, he agrees that several students can be organized and prepare for the presentation as a group. It is the teamwork that motivates different students to form a tight-knit bond and exchange diverse perspectives on a sociological masterpiece.

In a nutshell, being asked to work as a group calls the attention of students to dedicate energy to daily tasks and encourages students to inspire each other; hence it is undoubtedly more efficient for students to absorb information than working alone on projects.

February 4, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Score: 43.5

Issues:

1. More than 35% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts’
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Natalia Lim
    University: China University of Political Science and Law
    Nationality: China
    February 5, 2020 at 5:49 am

thx for your review!

here is my revised essay:

Myriads of assignments require diverse approaches, self-discipline and sparks of creativity. Working solo discourages students to interact with peers and miss the opportunity to exchange ideas. I agree that it is more efficient for students to adopt teamwork when teachers assign projects, rather than solve problems by locking themselves behind a door.

Cooperating with teammates motivate students to follow their calendars and finish projects before the deadline. Nowadays, distractions are everwhere when teenagers face a heavy workload. For instance, many social animals cannot separate from sorority gatherings and endless theme parties. Worse yet, if the kind of students works alone on projects, they may fall prey to overwhelming extra-curricular activities, turn a blind eye to assignments after a crazy drink spree and fail to fulfill their teachers’ academic expectations. Thus, handling a project with teammates rings a bell to remind them of their responsibilities, then encourage them to finish homework productively.

Moreover, projects may be challenging and time-consuming, especially when people set foot in a prestigious university. A review of a thought-provoking book due in a short period requires the brainstorm of several students. For example, my sociology professor always asks students to hand over a well-analyzed essay as well as having a presentation within a week. Fortunately, he agrees that we can work as a group to finish the task. It is the teamwork that motivates different students to form a tight-knit bond and exchange diverse perspectives on a masterpiece. The approach to solving problems instills diversity into an arduous project, improve my confidence to deal with the heavy workload efficiently.

In a nutshell, working as a group calls the attention of students to dedicate energy to daily tasks. Students will kick off a journey of inspiration after they choose teamwork. Hence, it is more efficient for students to absorb information than working alone on projects.

February 5, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Score: 47.8

Issues:

1. Nearly 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Although you have fixed many grammatical errors, your essay is very difficult to read. Try to do this: draw a picture of each sentence. If you are able to draw a clear picture based on the information provided in your each sentence, then the sentence is fine. If not, try to add/remove words to make your picture(s) clear.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.