Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (aged 5 to 10)? ⚫ Being helpful to others ⚫ Being honest ⚫ Being well-organized

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (aged 5 to 10)? ⚫ Being helpful to others ⚫ Being honest ⚫ Being well-organized

• Maverick
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    September 5, 2022 at 3:15 am

Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (aged 5 to 10)? ⚫ Being helpful to others ⚫ Being honest ⚫ Being well-organized.

To possess great qualities from childhood is always what parents are happy to see, but the paradox comes if a child can only have one of these three good qualities, helpful, honest, well-organized, what is the better choice? According to my preference, I choose helpful among them.

Firstly, being helpful is valuable in such a developed society. Without time to care about others,   nowadays most people tend to bury themselves in their own business. But actually what most  people have ignored is just what the society need most. Helpfulness is one of the greatest virtues we need to pass down, because in small aspects, in daily life, everyone will have trouble, and it is not always easy for us to face the trouble alone. Moreover, to see it in a big picture, balanced development of society requires most people to be helpful so that the unfairness between the weak and the strong can been seen. It is just the helpfulness that contributes to the harmonious society.

Secondly, being helpful can enrich children’s inner world. It is known that we human will feel satisfied after we help others and receive their gratitude. Being a helpful child means that he or she can frequently receive the praise and feel good about himself or herself, which will make him or her confident and feel positive to life. Therefore, never will such a child easily lose hope when he grows up and confronts the difficulties due to his confident and positive heart developed since young.

Although honest and well-organized are also nice qualities, they are all relatively passive compared to being helpful because helpfulness is more self-motivated and requires to take action in person. And also, helpfulness will not allow selfishness which I think is one of the worst qualities a man should possess, but being honest and well-organized may will.

Therefore, helpfulness comes first among these three qualities and we can’t emphasize helpfulness too much according to my carefully thinking. However, if possible, it would be the best that all of these three virtues are cultivated for children.

September 5, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Fix the errors indicated in the screenshot reviews.