Schools always collect information about teachers’ teaching performance and give rewards to those teachers who perform well. Which way do you think is more useful? 1)evaluate teachers’ performance by students. 2)evaluate teachers’ performance by teachers? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Schools always collect information about teachers’ teaching performance and give rewards to those teachers who perform well. Which way do you think is more useful? 1)evaluate teachers’ performance by students. 2)evaluate teachers’ performance by teachers? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

• runningtomato
    University: 华东政法大学
    Nationality: China
    November 18, 2019 at 12:45 pm

TOEFL Essay Topic: Schools always collect information about teachers’ teaching performance and give rewards to those teachers who perform well. Which way do you think is more useful

1)evaluate teachers’ performance by students.

2)evaluate teachers’ performance by teachers?

Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Nowadays there is much debate on whether students or teachers themselves should be the judges of teachers’ performance. Personally, I am of the opinion that it would be better to let students do such kind of tasks. I will examine the reasons in the following contents.

First of all, it seems more effective and reasonable to have the students evaluate their own teachers. If we see a teacher’s job as a kind of service or product, then it is quite easy to determine who should be the

evaluation providers. Students are the direct receivers of this kind of service who know this service better than anyone else from years’ long experiences and from their true feelings. However, it is simply impossible for other teachers to know their colleagues well enough through several demonstration lessons, thus cannot have a comprehensive comment on their peers’ work.

What’s more, having students offer comments on their instructors is more likely to achieve objective results. The other colleagues are in the competitive relationship with the one who needs an evaluation, and we all know that one cannot both be the participator of a race and the judge. Besides, some teachers would judge their colleagues’ behaviors based on their closeness. So the one who has better inter-personal relationships with others tend to gain higher score than those who work hard but are not good at socializing.

The last but not least, it is more practical to let their students to evaluate their teachers’ work because students have enough quanitity to get a scientific outcome. For example, my high school had about 60 teaching staff and almost 2000 students. It is easily seen that the evaluation result would be more rational if it comes out of 2000 people while not just 60 persons.

In conclusion, I agree that it is better to have students evaluate their teachers’ work in terms of effectiveness, objectiveness and feasibility.

November 21, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Score: 61.9

Issues:

1. More than 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words; reduce it to 20% or less.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.