With the widespread use of the Internet, more people choose to work or study from home. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing With the widespread use of the Internet, more people choose to work or study from home. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

• Zachary
    University: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
    Nationality: Chinese
    December 1, 2019 at 1:43 pm

With the widespread use of the Internet, more people choose to work or study from home. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

With the development of technology, more people tend to work or study from home. I believe that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Working or studying at home can surely bring up some benefits. First, it can save much time wasted on commuting. For some people who work far from home, it may take them one hour or even more to arrive at the workplace on time. If work at home, they can have more time for sleeping, thus perform better in their working hour. Besides, a familiar and cozy environment can help people keep a pleasant emotion. For example, people can make their home well-decorated according to their tastes, which cannot be guaranteed in their office. Finally, if the majority of people work or study at home, the demand for office building will decline. Thus, there is less competition for land using so that governments can increase more green space in cities.

However, this trend also has disadvantages. Despite the fact that the Internet is well developed nowadays, I believe that face-to-face interaction is better for discussion and brainstorming, which cannot be achieved through the screens. Working at home, people can arrange their personal schedule with more flexibility, which probably causes barriers to date a time suitable for everyone to discuss. Furthermore, an over-comfortable environment is likely to reduce motivation, which may harm efficiency. Because there are too many distractions, people who study at home could spend the whole day on entertainment if they do not have a intense concentration or ability of self-control.

In conclusion, although the trend of working or studying at home has some drawbacks, I believe that the overall effect on both working efficiency, personal emotion, and urban planning is positive.

December 31, 2019 at 3:54 am

Score: 59.8

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them to 20 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.