Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

• Yihan Liu
    University: Beijing University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    July 13, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.

Some people claim that workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do. It may be true that on average, modern people are willing to explore their potential skills. But I believe it is an exaggeration to say doing various jobs can bring gratification to employees. Or even it does, that only happens to those most passive, aimless workers who do not know which type of tasks should concentrate on.

To begin with, doing similar tasks can assists people become accomplished. Admittedly, workers continue doing tasks that essentially the same and may get boring with them. In a long term, however, workers can gain more expertise by dealing with repetitive tasks. For example, my sister, a painter, has been kept drawing pictures on her digital panel after entering the company, while some of her colleagues paint pictures in different ways. After a few months, my sister become an expert on digital painting, but her co-workers are ordinary in each method of painting. Therefore, concentrating on a certain type of job can make workers more skillful.

Additionally, doing similar types of tasks let workers have less stressful. People can address the problem fast if they constantly face the same type of it. For people who deal with various types of tasks, they may have to spend a large amount of time on learning new things. As a result, they rarely fulfill the task with a high quality. And because of the increased workload, they feel exhausted as well as suffer from a huge psychological strain. On the contrary, employees who often do similar tasks can perform flawlessly and efficiently, so they are under less pressure. Thus, people can be more enjoyable when they focus on similar tasks all the time.

Needless to say, both working styles can bring people a sense of achievement. But in my opinion,   I am able to get higher job satisfaction by concentrating on similar tasks because it is even more grateful.

July 13, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Score: 67.2

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Yihan Liu
    University: Beijing University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    July 14, 2020 at 3:55 am

Some people claim that workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do. It may be true that, on average, modern people are willing to explore their potential skills. But I believe it is an exaggeration to say doing various jobs can bring gratification to employees. Or even it does, that only happens to those most passive, aimless workers who do not know what type of tasks they should concentrate on.

To begin with, doing similar tasks can help people become accomplished. Admittedly, workers continue doing tasks that are essentially the same. After a while they may get boring with the works. In the long term, however, workers can gain more expertise by dealing with repetitive tasks. For example, my sister, a painter, has been keeping drawing pictures on her digital panel after entering the company. Meanwhile, some of her colleagues have been painting pictures in different ways. After a few months, my sister became an expert on digital painting, while her co-workers were still ordinary in each method of painting. Therefore, concentrating on a certain type of jobs can make workers more skillful.

Additionally, doing similar types of tasks let workers have less stress. People can address the problem fast if they continually face the same type of it. People who deal with various types of tasks have to spend plenty of time on learning new things. As a result, they rarely fulfill tasks with a high quality. And because of the increased workload, they often feel exhausted and suffer from a huge psychological strain. On the contrary, employees who often do similar tasks perform flawlessly and efficiently, so they are under less pressure. Thus, people can be more enjoyable when they focus on similar tasks.

Needless to say, both working styles can bring people a sense of achievement. But based on above reasons, in my opinion, I can get higher job satisfaction by concentrating on similar tasks.

July 14, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Score: 67.7

July 14, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Some people claim that workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do.[ Rephrase/duplicate the prompt ] It may be true that, on average, modern people are willing to explore their potential skills. [ logically disconnect with the prior sentence ] But I believe it is an exaggeration to say [ that ] doing various jobs can bring gratification to employees. Or even it does, that only happens to those most passive, aimless workers who do not[avoid using NOT  ] know what type of tasks[wordy  ] they should concentrate on.

To begin with, doing [ repetition ] similar tasks can help people become accomplished. Admittedly, workers continue doing tasks that are essentially the same[vague  ] . After a while [  punctuation error] they may get boring with the works[ word form error ] . In the long term, however, [redundant adverb  ] workers can gain more expertise by dealing with[ wrong phrase/check English-English dictionary to learn what ‘deal with’ means. ] repetitive tasks. For example, my [ My ] sister, a painter, has been keeping drawing pictures on her digital panel after (entering the company)[  unclear] . Meanwhile, some of her colleagues have been painting pictures in different ways. After a few months, my sister became an expert on digital painting, while her co-workers were still ordinary[ wrong word ] in each method of painting. Therefore, concentrating on a certain type of jobs [ word form error ] can (make workers more skillful)[ wordy ] .

Additionally, doing[ repetition ] similar types of tasks (let workers have less stress)[wordy  ] . People can address the [ article error ] problem fast if they continually face (the same type of it)[  wordy][ grammatical error using subjunctive voice ]  . People who (deal with)[wrong phrase  ] various types of tasks have to spend plenty of time on[redundant  ] learning new things. As a result, they rarely fulfill tasks with a[ article error ] high quality. [ punctuation error with coordinating word ] And because of the increased workload, they often feel exhausted and suffer from a huge psychological strain. On the contrary, employees who often do similar tasks perform flawlessly and efficiently[asbolute statement/use conditional writing  ] , so they are under less pressure. Thus, people can be more enjoyable when they focus on similar tasks.

Needless to say, both working styles can bring people a sense of achievement. But based on above [ word form error ] reasons, in my opinion, I [ shift of person ] can get higher job satisfaction by concentrating on similar tasks[ repetition ] .