Working and studying from home

• Niki
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: China
    November 1, 2020 at 7:36 am

Working and studying from home

In my view, I think it is a positive development as there are more adults can work at home and more children have the chance to study from home. Thanks to the development of technology, it becomes cheaper and more accessible to learn or work at home.

Firstly, in this way, more and more people can have the chance to work at home instead of going to the company and taking a long time on the commute. For example, recently due to the pandemic of Covid-19, lots of people have to lock down to protect themselves and others. Without the existence of online conferences, people can’t finish their works on time during this period. Meanwhile, many people may have emergency tasks like software engineers. With the existence of high technology, they can deal with emergency tasks as soon as possible. And they can save the time of going to the company.

Secondly, more children can find useful materials to learn online. The price of education is much cheaper than before. It’s helpful for all children to learn what they want and find what they need immediately. What’s more, for children who live in mountains and undeveloped towns, they also have the chance to have high-quality education like their peers who live in big cities. It’s meaningful for their future.

In summary, I think it’s a high valued and positive development. Not only for ourselves, but also for society, as it can save time for adults and be helpful for the faith of education for all children.

November 8, 2020 at 4:19 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Only use one transition phrase at the start of a sentence

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: