Young people today are less dependent on their parents than young people in the past.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Young people today are less dependent on their parents than young people in the past.

• Christopher
    University: NK
    Nationality: China
    August 26, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Young people today are less dependent on their parents than young people in the past.

Independence is the symbol of maturity. However, young people nowdays always depend on their parents. In contrast, my father says he rarely relied on my grandparents in the past. Compared with the past, I think that young people today depend more on their parent.

To begin with, young people decided their future by themselves in the past. Since the parents of young people had many children in the past, it was hard for them to make a future plan for every child. In this case, young people should plan their future independently. However, most parents only have one child nowadays. Parents pay all attention on their unique children, and children could let their parents decide their future.

Besides, in the past, young people needed to solve their problems in an early period. Rough life in the past made parents spend abundant time on working to make a living, which means parents used little time to solve children’s problems. Thus, young people should solve their peoblems independently. Nonetheless, rich life enables parents to process lots of free time nowadays. Parents could partner their children for a long time today. So young people could pass their problems to their parents instead of solving problems by themselves.

Generally, planing their future without the help of their parents and solving their problems independently in an early period was what young people did in the past. It’s evident that young people today are less indenpendent than people in the past. Our society should pay more attention on young people’s independence problems.

August 26, 2020 at 11:25 pm

Invalid [ You need to complete the revision of your first essay prior to working on this one.]