Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

• Blanche Huang
    University: Macau University of Science and Technology
    Nationality: CHINA
    January 28, 2020 at 6:38 am

Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

Job with considerable income usually holds significant allure for job-hunters. However, it is indisputably that those positions with high paychecks often demand longer hours’ working. Balancing between the wage and the working time required, lower-paying job with shorter hours is the ideal choice to me.

Low-paying job with shorter working time means having adequate time for a decent meal and ample sleep, which is proven to contribute to good health. Imaging distributing all day on piles of papers and successive meetings without taking even a drop of water, it is undoubtably that the consequence will turn out to be weak physical fitness and overwhelming diseases. Considering good health is the most valuable and priceless property I possessed, it is not worthy of earning huge rewards in exchange of physical health.

Besides, working for fewer hours to gain more free time is also easier for individuals to get contented and satisfied about life. One representative example is my sister, who makes a living as an interior designer, the working time of which is flexible that taking a totally relax on a short trip is possible. Though she may not have an affluent material life condition, she feels herself is on top of the world in the consequence of the enrichment and fullness of her daily life.

Someone may think that only by bring in more money can we improve the life quality for our parents. However, what they ignore is that the greatest desire of our parents is nothing but our company. If we contribute all of ourselves in working in order to improve our economy ability, there is no time left to spent with our family members. Without us by their sides, feeling of being left alone and unconcerned will definitely break their hearts. Though it is quite essential to satisfy parents’ material need, what is more important is to satisfy their mental demand of children’s company.

High-paying job might satisfy the need to improve one’s material life quality, however, I am more willing to have more free time that can be arranged by myself even with fewer paychecks.

February 2, 2020 at 2:18 am

Score: 55.5

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: