A university notices some first-year have poor studying skills. Some in the university believe all first-year students should be required to take a course on studying skills, but others don’t agree. What is your opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing A university notices some first-year have poor studying skills. Some in the university believe all first-year students should be required to take a course on studying skills, but others don’t agree. What is your opinion?

• a8s287
    University: National Taipei University of Education
    Nationality: Taiwan
    December 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm

A university notices some first-year have poor studying skills. Some in the university believe all first-year students should be required to take a course on studying skills, but others don’t agree. What is your opinion?

Being a student take skills to study, besides entering a whole new environment to study. Some people suggest that all of the first-year students should take a course of study skills, still, others disagree with the idea. However, in my opinion, I don’t think taking one course is effective to help student study.

To begin with, not all of the students use the same way to study. One function is helpful for some students, but the same function may be ineffective way to another student. On the other hand, different subjects also need to study in different ways. For example, I always recite in history class to get good grades, yet once I recite in the math test, I almost failed the test. I think there are a lot of ways to study, one course may teach skills how to study, but that may not be the best way.
    Furthermore, finding the skills to study is another ability for students to learn. After graduat

ing from school, there is much more new stuff for social freshmen to explore. It is also a new environment to learn, but there’s no teacher to teach. People may get panic or depress if they didn’t train for learning new things by themselves before. So I think it is a good time for people to explore in university.

By the way, taking another course for an unnecessary class may be a stress for new students. If it is not so valuable to take this class, new students need to use their study time to take this course. It may lead the new students to condense their time on studying the main subjects. So their score may be lower. It causes the opposite effect.

To sum up, I think it’s not a necessary course for first-year students.

December 12, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Please add my WeChat and remind me of sending you screenshot reviews. Thanks!

a8s287
    University: National Taipei University of Education
    Nationality: Taiwan
    December 12, 2020 at 7:02 pm

Sorry, but I don’t have a wechat account. I’m a Taiwanese. I’m not from mainland China. Thanks a lot