Advertising discourages us from being different and individuals eventually look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Advertising discourages us from being different and individuals eventually look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Ethan
    University: central university of finance and economics
    Nationality: China
    January 16, 2021 at 6:42 am

Advertising discourages us from being different and individuals eventually look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people argue that we are gradually becoming similar due to the wealth of advertising. In my view, it is true that advertising prevents us from being unique to some extent but we will never be the same.

On the one hand, I admit that the differences between individuals are becoming less with the spread of advertising. This is because the advertising appearing on TV, phones, or elsewhere is always for the certain brands, which would constantly attract more to use. Taking sneaker for example, the majority of sneaker advertisements existing are about Nike or Adidas, contributing to increasing prevalence of these two top brands. As a result, there are a larger number of Nike fans or Adidas fans.

On the other hand, it is absurd to say we would gradually be the same just owing to advertising. For one reason, there are still numerous products even in the same brand. This means though advertising encourages us to choose the same brand, we still have plenty of choices of distinct products. For example, the shoes in Nike are tremendously abundant, in different colors, styles, functions and so on. For another, advertisements have no way to change one’s characteristic. To be more specific, there is no doubt that everyone’s unique character can’t be transformed by advertisements of any brand and personality is the most significant thing of one person. Therefore, we would never be similar.

In conclusion, I agree there would be less differences between us but the statement that we will finally be the same makes no sense.

January 16, 2021 at 6:59 pm

Invalid. Completing the revision of your first essay prior to working on another.